Thread: Cople of questions

Post imported post

I am fairly new to the message board. I have spent most of my time reading the various post on here trying to get educated. I do have a couple of questions that have been on my mind.

1. I know with a GFL I am allowed to have my gun in the car while i pick up and drop my son off at school...the question I have is in the afternoon when I pick him up I have to go inside and sign him out, is it legal for me to have my weapon om my hip when I go in to do this?

2. Every other Friday I have to go and pickup my daughter. The pre arranged meeting place is at the couny court house. Is it against any law for me to have my weapon on my hip while I wait for her to arrive?

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

glenn36 wrote:
    I am fairly new to the message board. I have spent most of my time reading the various post on here trying to get educated. I do have a couple of questions that have been on my mind.

1. I know with a GFL I am allowed to have my gun in the car while i pick up and drop my son off at school...the question I have is in the afternoon when I pick him up I have to go inside and sign him out, is it legal for me to have my weapon om my hip when I go in to do this?

2. Every other Friday I have to go and pickup my daughter. The pre arranged meeting place is at the couny court house. Is it against any law for me to have my weapon on my hip while I wait for her to arrive?

I would think the answer to both of your questions would be no, you have to leave it in the car. But you can check GA. law using the map icon at the top of the page to review thelaws in your state.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Thanks for the response. I will check it out. Also, when I said at the court house I of course meant to say that I wait in their parking lot not actually in the building..if that makes a difference.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Outside is probably ok, but you should still check.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Thanks again for your quick response. I am looking into it now.