• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cople of questions

glenn36

imported post

I am fairly new to the message board. I have spent most of my time reading the various post on here trying to get educated. I do have a couple of questions that have been on my mind.

1. I know with a GFL I am allowed to have my gun in the car while i pick up and drop my son off at school...the question I have is in the afternoon when I pick him up I have to go inside and sign him out, is it legal for me to have my weapon om my hip when I go in to do this?

2. Every other Friday I have to go and pickup my daughter. The pre arranged meeting place is at the couny court house. Is it against any law for me to have my weapon on my hip while I wait for her to arrive?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

glenn36 wrote:
I am fairly new to the message board. I have spent most of my time reading the various post on here trying to get educated. I do have a couple of questions that have been on my mind.

1. I know with a GFL I am allowed to have my gun in the car while i pick up and drop my son off at school...the question I have is in the afternoon when I pick him up I have to go inside and sign him out, is it legal for me to have my weapon om my hip when I go in to do this?

2. Every other Friday I have to go and pickup my daughter. The pre arranged meeting place is at the couny court house. Is it against any law for me to have my weapon on my hip while I wait for her to arrive?
I would think the answer to both of your questions would be no, you have to leave it in the car. But you can check GA. law using the map icon at the top of the page to review thelaws in your state.

glenn36

imported post

Thanks for the response. I will check it out. Also, when I said at the court house I of course meant to say that I wait in their parking lot not actually in the building..if that makes a difference.