• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Free Press reports on open carry reform progress!

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is a great article and helps us quite a bit. I recommend people down in the 4 states send it to their legislators and senators.

The article underscores an important point. We aren't trying to make ground-breaking, front line progress in those 4 states. We're trying to bring them up to par with almost all other states in respect to open carry. This isn't a call to return to the Old West. It's a call to join the 21st century and respect an individual's rights!

Michigander

imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
This isn't a call to return to the Old West. It's a call to join the 21st century and respect an individual's rights!
The closest thing I have seen to the old west is in parts of rural New Mexico and Arizona. People dress up in cowboy stuff a lot of times as they go about their lives, and many carry guns. Out in the middle of no where, I've seen it where 8 or 9 out of 10 people were armed openly. In those places, gun rights are a given, not something that is often debated. And people are usually very friendly too.

I suppose you could say I'd like it if that type of attitude became more prevalent.

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I completely agree. I was mainly referring to the proven false allegations by the Brady Bunch and similar that by allowing open carry, it would somehow bring back the old west with gun fights in the streets happening regularly. :)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
I completely agree. I was mainly referring to the proven false allegations by the Brady Bunch and similar that by allowing open carry, it would somehow bring back the old west with gun fights in the streets happening regularly. :)
...according to hollywood. And therein lies the problem...