• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 66 News

SQLtables

imported post

Last night on the 10pm news, Fox 66 actually covered this story... in a positive manner. The anchor actually said "I bet they won't try that again" :D

I was very surprised to see it, and even more surprised that they covered it and it happend in Arizona.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/21733.html

ETA: After a quick glance, I don't see that Fox 66 news has their stories online, so you'll have to take my word for this.

Michigander

imported post

I wish they would have interviewed the home owner, but still, that was pretty remarkable how he had it all recorded.

It's not surprising that a defense story in AZ had a good spin to it, nor is it surprising that the punks were heavily armed, as they often are there. The oddball thing is that they'd talk about it in Michigan. But then again, off the top of my head, that is the is the most successful self defense action I have ever seen caught on video.

SQLtables

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I wish they would have interviewed the home owner, but still, that was pretty remarkable how he had it all recorded.

It's not surprising that a defense story in AZ had a good spin to it, nor is it surprising that the punks were heavily armed, as they often are there. The oddball thing is that they'd talk about it in Michigan. But then again, off the top of my head, that is the is the most successful self defense action I have ever seen caught on video.

I'm not sure I'd want to do an interview after goingthrough something like that.

I was surprised that they covered the story at all, since it was out of state, but I was still happy to see it on the news. I'm not sure that I've ever personally seen a self defense story on local news...

Michigander

imported post

I saw a few back when I still watched TV, but they were all on Fox 2, so I guess they were predisposed to covering such things.

Right after the right to carry concealed movement succeeded, they did a story about a liquor store owner shooting a guy that tried to mug him as he was locking up to go home for the night.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Did they even mention Danladi Moore "Norfork VA case"?
He also had video of the bad guys attack.

Call them and ask if it was that it was hispanic crooks they ran the story,
but if it is white crooks pretending to be black it gets squashed.

Just wish the camera caught the firearm used, insted of the targets soiling the droors.