Thread: First Day OCing

Post imported post

Lastnight when I got home from work my roommate told me I had a package. Sure enough it was my brand new UTG holster! Drop (thigh) style. After some minor adjustments it fit great! I had to head out to the hardware store and get some padlocks. One gentleman made eye contact, said "heya" and glanced down at my leg, kept walking. I was polite and said "hey how are ya" as we passed. Cashier didn't say anything and was polite as she normally was, bought my stuff and headed home.

About a half hour later the girlfriend and I went out to Boston Market down the street to get dinner. We hung out in the restaurant for about half an hour, nobody said anything or gave any wierd looks.

Overall, uneventful. As my retired-OC Sherriff roommate said: "They probably just thought you were a COP."

My response: "Well, I'm not complaining. They can think what they want. I ad no intention of hurting them, and if the store manager/owner asked me to leave I would have."
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Good job, welcome to the club.
    Are you watching out for schools? Do you have some kind of lock-box for if you drive near a school?

Keep us up to date on how it's going.

Post imported post

As for schools... There are 2 within my neighborhood I had to alter my path to the nearest freeway to avoid them and stay outside the 1000ft distance.

I have a locked case for storage when driving - which is when the girlfriend comes over. Once we get out, just put the Ruger back in the holster.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.