• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Day OCing

demnogis

imported post

Lastnight when I got home from work my roommate told me I had a package. Sure enough it was my brand new UTG holster! Drop (thigh) style. After some minor adjustments it fit great! I had to head out to the hardware store and get some padlocks. One gentleman made eye contact, said "heya" and glanced down at my leg, kept walking. I was polite and said "hey how are ya" as we passed. Cashier didn't say anything and was polite as she normally was, bought my stuff and headed home.

About a half hour later the girlfriend and I went out to Boston Market down the street to get dinner. We hung out in the restaurant for about half an hour, nobody said anything or gave any wierd looks.

Overall, uneventful. As my retired-OC Sherriff roommate said: "They probably just thought you were a COP."

My response: "Well, I'm not complaining. They can think what they want. I ad no intention of hurting them, and if the store manager/owner asked me to leave I would have."

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Good job, welcome to the club.
Are you watching out for schools? Do you have some kind of lock-box for if you drive near a school?

Keep us up to date on how it's going.

demnogis

imported post

As for schools... There are 2 within my neighborhood I had to alter my path to the nearest freeway to avoid them and stay outside the 1000ft distance.

I have a locked case for storage when driving - which is when the girlfriend comes over. Once we get out, just put the Ruger back in the holster. :)