Thread: Denver Metro Area Firearms Law Attorney?

Post imported post

Anyone have recommendations as to who to call for Denver Metro?

I figure this would be a good thing to commit to memory.... Just in case.
    A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week. --Gen. George S. Patton

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. - Robert Heinlein

Post imported post

Tony Fabian, the president of the Colorado State Shooting Association, is a criminal defense attorney who will take on gun-related self-defense cases. He helped draft the current Colorado CCW law. He has offices in Denver and Castle Rock.

http://www.ajfabianlaw.com/

Post imported post

He helped draft the current Colorado CCW law.
    Is he pro OC?

Post imported post

I really don't know, but I have a hard time imagining that he wouldn't be a supporter of OC. After all, CSSA is the official Colorado affiliate of the NRA, and I haven't heard of the NRA opposing OC. You can always go to his website and ask him that. I sent him an inquiry asking if he takes on cases involving use of a firearm in self-defense, expecting that a secretary would respond, but he answered my question himself.

Mr. Fabian answers questions about firearms and the law on the CSSA website. I found the following quote on the website that he wrote in answer to a question about the definition of open carry:

There is no legal definition of open carry in Colorado. State law does not specifically address the open carry of firearms; therefore, it does not prohibit the practice. However, several municipalities have banned open carry in some form or other--either citywide or in specific designated areas. This practice was upheld by the Colorado Court of Appeals in 2002 in the case of Trinen v. Denver, and the State Supreme Court refused to review the COA's ruling. SB25, which went into effect nearly a year ago, requires that cities post any place where open carry of firearms is prohibited. Cities with limited (bans confined to limited areas such as specific buildings or areas) bans appear to be in compliance with the law; cities with unlimited (city-wide) bans have not posted to the satisfaction of the state statute. As such, it is the position of CSSA that such unlimited bans, unless posted at all entry ways to the city, are unenforceable. If you want to know the law for your city, or a city you are visiting, go to the city's website and look up the city's laws on the subject in the municipal code. Hope this answers your question. -Tony Fabian President, CSSA

Post imported post

He should definitely be on the BBQ Invite list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Does anyone else think Frank Caliendo looks like Tony Fabian?

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    He should definitely be on the BBQ Invite list!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He looks like a great "A" guy for us!. We have to handle the little altercations ourselves, but he will help out the big stuff. I'll send him a note to come on out to a BBQ.

Post imported post

Just curious, does anyone know if Mr. Fabian has winning courtroom experience or is his strategy to plea bargain?

How many firearm related cases, if any,has he had?