• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTT G23 for similar sized non Glock

livitup

imported post

Without opening the can of worms that is Glock vs. everything else... I have decided that Glock is not for me.

I have a G23 (compact .40 S&W) that I bought used at Gander Mountain about a year ago. I think it was a LEO resale, as the single magazine that came with it has a 3 digit number "painted" on the side.

It shoots just fine, but I just can't get used to the trigger, so it's time to say bye-bye.

It has the Trijicon night sights and I bought an extra 13 round magazine and put a Hogue grip-all on it. I'll also include the holsters I have for it, a C.T.A.C. IWB and a Master's Leather belt holster.

I would like to trade it for a similar sized, non-Glock, also chambered in .40S&W. Something like the M&P compact or something similar.

Thought I'd try here before it goes up on VAGuntrader, or try to sell it for cash.

If you need pics try google. I mean I can take some if you want, but it looks like a G23.

Respond here via PM.

richarcm

imported post

I wish I had something to trade. I only have two guns and love them both too much to get rid of them.

jegoodin

imported post

I love my G23 and would not mind another. Wish I had something to trade, but all my .40 non-Glocks are worth about twice as much as a used G23.

I'll trade you a slightly used (less than 1000 rounds) S&W Sigma 9mm and 4 mags.

Does the paint come off?

You can swap out the trigger you know. I put a G17 smooth trigger and extended slide release on all my Glocks. Parts are cheap and it us easy to do yourself. Takes about 10-15 min.

livitup

imported post

I have a friend who is an authorized Glock armourer. When I bought it he put in the "New York Trigger" and a 3.5 pound connector. I still don't care for it, though today I resolved to go put another 300 rounds through it and see how I feel then. It's the only gun I have with night sights, so I'd love to keep it if I can just figure out why it hurts my trigger finger by about 20 rounds into a shooting session. :?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Use the pad of your finger and not the tip. That caused me issues when I first started shooting my Glock. Now I can just go to the range and put hundreds of rounds through it with no problems.

jegoodin

imported post

livitup wrote:
I have a friend who is an authorized Glock armourer. When I bought it he put in the "New York Trigger" and a 3.5 pound connector. I still don't care for it, though today I resolved to go put another 300 rounds through it and see how I feel then. It's the only gun I have with night sights, so I'd love to keep it if I can just figure out why it hurts my trigger finger by about 20 rounds into a shooting session. :?

Is the trigger smooth or does it have ridges down the length of the trigger?

livitup

imported post

Smooth. Does that mean something? (See attached photo)

I am totally willing to accept that it is poor trigger finger placement that is causing me grief. However, I have a H+K USP and a 1911 that I shoot the same way and I shoot nice tight groups, on target, without an iota of pain.

I tend to shoot best when the trigger is just to the outside of my first finger joint. That is, I am only using the first part of my finger, but it goes: tip of my finger -> space -> trigger -> little bit of space -> first joint. I have experimented with moving my finger back and using more of the tip, but I always shoot left when I do so.

I'm totally open to feedback. I guess since it's my thread I can sponsor topic drift to "How should I shoot my G23?" :D

ETA: Gosh my gun is dusty. :)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Some armorers will tell you to file the Safety tang down slightly so that it is level with the trigger face when you apply pressure. This, they say, is the primary cause of finger discomfort. I also replaced my serated factory trigger with the smooth faced one on my carry G23. The stock trigger would cause a blood blister after about 50-75 rounds. Have not fired it yet with the smooth faced trigger. It also has the 3.5 connector which reduces trigger weight a little (makes it approximately 5 pounds).

The Glock 23 is one of the best all around combat defensive sidearms you can carry - this according to a famous gun writer well known to the gun culture. I would advise consulting a qualified Glock armorer with your concerns and see what he might be able to offer. Be advised though that if this is to bea carry gun, do not make any alterations that couldget you into a legal quagmire in the event youhave to use it. No lightened striker springs or similar mods should be considered under these conditions.