Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nation's Gun Show this weekend

Post imported post

Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days? Well, I guess other than the mountains of people crowding the place. Last few shows I went to, I didn't find anything worth buying (pricewise) other than some reload ammos. I swear some of the dealers seem to charge more at the show than their normal day-to-day prices.

I am local but still contemplating whether or not to spend the money and time this weekend at Chantilly.

Post imported post

Not sure about around here, but when I left Nv, the Reno Big Show and the Crossroads To The West had a lot to choose from, you just had to be there Friday of the three day show, for ammo purchases.

I am going to the show this weekend, my second (Dale City was first), since coming to VA.

I have to go early, because I work at 1p, so I will be in line waiting with all my fellow weapons owners!

Carl

Post imported post

I'll be there. Not for guns as much as ammo and accessories.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

We have to go. A dealer is actually bringing us some 9x23 ammo!
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    We have to go.* A dealer is actually bringing us some 9x23 ammo!
    Not if I get there first! J.K.

What do you shoot that with? An old 1911? I haven't see anything that uses 9x23 in a long time.

Post imported post

I am going Saturday, I might be trying to ditch my XD45 for a Glock 26

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    Not if I get there first! J.K.

What do you shoot that with? An old 1911? I haven't see anything that uses 9x23 in a long time.
    Actually, I asked him for 9x21 AND 9x23, and I can't remember which he said he had, and which he hasn't seen in years.

Spouse collects old Star pistols, some of which shoot the x21 and the x23.

But remind me not to tell you who's holding it for me.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I'd like to go but it's too much of a drive for me... plus my tax refund isn't in yet. Although, I wouldn't mind trying to trade at it.

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days?
    That is *so* not true! It is so very easy to find all your Nazi paraphernalia, your melee weapons coveted by pre-pubescent boys, the scores and SCORES of paintings and crafts/jewelry. . .and let us not forget that fine gentlemen present every gunshow who sets off the stun baton every 10 minutes and uses the same line of “It’s a bug zapper. . .if somebody is bugging you, you zap ‘em.”

Honestly, we need MORE. We need Vince the ShamWOW guy and Billy Mayes there with his line of Oxy Clean products.

The firearms and ammunition are just getting in the way in my opinion!

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    I am going Saturday, I might be trying to ditch my XD45 for a Glock 27
    I fixed that for you. You can thank me later.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Honestly, we need MORE. We need Vince the ShamWOW guy and Billy Mayes there with his line of Oxy Clean products.
    It's gotten so bad that I actually say "Hi, Vince" every time that commercial comes on...

I'll be at the show today, tomorrow, and probably Sunday.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Natchez is my favorite. They usually have the best price, on anything you can't find in Wally's World, that is.

Post imported post

I'd love to go, but I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go, when the ammo I want will probably be gone by the time I arrive.

But I am planning on going to the April show, because I'm thinkin' about a holster.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    I am going Saturday, I might be trying to ditch my XD45 for a Glock 27
    I fixed that for you. You can thank me later.
    woman wants a 26, so thats what i am getting

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    I'd love to go, but I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go, when the ammo I want will probably be gone by the time I arrive.

But I am planning on going to the April show, because I'm thinkin' about a holster.
    There's a $1 off admission coupon on the show's website.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    That is *so* not true! It is so very easy to find all your Nazi paraphernalia, your melee weapons coveted by pre-pubescent boys, the scores and SCORES of paintings and crafts/jewelry. . .and let us not forget that fine gentlemen present every gunshow who sets off the stun baton every 10 minutes and uses the same line of “It’s a bug zapper. . .if somebody is bugging you, you zap ‘em.”

No kidding! The flea market atmosphere is annoying.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

Riana wrote:
    I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go
    VCDL membership benefits.

You could volunteer to work VCDL's booth (must be a VCDL member ) and the admission is free.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Chuckles wrote:
    Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days?

I'll be so happy when that guy shocks himself one time and lays on the floor covered in his own urine.

Post imported post

Some guy is selling a dohicky here for combing dog hair. WTF?

Post imported post

boy am I going to be sore later. I carried 2K rounds of steel-cased 7.62x39 all the way to the far end of the lot without a cart all at once!

Ed, I hope your father's choice works out for him well and I'm glad to be of assistance.

EDIT: as of now I have been awake for 27hrs straight and am still going strong.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Just got back from the show a short while ago (20 minutes?). The place was packed and that is no surprise. Ammo tables had line wrapping around them and the stuff was going fast. Some very good deals to be had. I agonized over an XD40, new, for $419.99!! Their XD9 was the same price. Didn't think to check the XD45. Dark Sun was the FFL and yes, I know they have an attitude, but for $419.99, one could put up with that for 30 minutes. Man did I agonize.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

did you give in? :celebrate

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    did you give in? :celebrate
    No, but I am still considering it. Could always go back one day over the weekend. My wife just said less than 2 minutes ago, "Why don't you get it? It's not going to be at that price forever."

It's killing me.. I've become so discriminating in my gun purchases.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

How's the availability on stripped AR-15 lowers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast