• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nation's Gun Show this weekend

Chuckles

imported post

Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days? Well, I guess other than the mountains of people crowding the place. Last few shows I went to, I didn't find anything worth buying (pricewise) other than some reload ammos. I swear some of the dealers seem to charge more at the show than their normal day-to-day prices.

I am local but still contemplating whether or not to spend the money and time this weekend at Chantilly.

t11spanner

imported post

Not sure about around here, but when I left Nv, the Reno Big Show and the Crossroads To The West had a lot to choose from, you just had to be there Friday of the three day show, for ammo purchases.

I am going to the show this weekend, my second (Dale City was first), since coming to VA.

I have to go early, because I work at 1p, so I will be in line waiting with all my fellow weapons owners!

Carl

nova

imported post

I'll be there. Not for guns as much as ammo and accessories.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We have to go. A dealer is actually bringing us some 9x23 ammo!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chuckles wrote:
Not if I get there first! J.K. :D

What do you shoot that with? An old 1911? I haven't see anything that uses 9x23 in a long time.
Actually, I asked him for 9x21 AND 9x23, and I can't remember which he said he had, and which he hasn't seen in years.

Spouse collects old Star pistols, some of which shoot the x21 and the x23.

But remind me not to tell you who's holding it for me. :lol:

curtiswr

imported post

I'd like to go but it's too much of a drive for me... plus my tax refund isn't in yet. Although, I wouldn't mind trying to trade at it.

ChinChin

imported post

Chuckles wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days?
That is *so* not true! It is so very easy to find all your Nazi paraphernalia, your melee weapons coveted by pre-pubescent boys, the scores and SCORES of paintings and crafts/jewelry. . .and let us not forget that fine gentlemen present every gunshow who sets off the stun baton every 10 minutes and uses the same line of “It’s a bug zapper. . .if somebody is bugging you, you zap ‘em.”

Honestly, we need MORE. We need Vince the ShamWOW guy and Billy Mayes there with his line of Oxy Clean products.

The firearms and ammunition are just getting in the way in my opinion!

kle

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Honestly, we need MORE. We need Vince the ShamWOW guy and Billy Mayes there with his line of Oxy Clean products.
It's gotten so bad that I actually say "Hi, Vince" every time that commercial comes on...

I'll be at the show today, tomorrow, and probably Sunday.

Riana

imported post

I'd love to go, but I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go, when the ammo I want will probably be gone by the time I arrive.

But I am planning on going to the April show, because I'm thinkin' about a holster.

hunter45

imported post

Riana wrote:
I'd love to go, but I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go, when the ammo I want will probably be gone by the time I arrive.

But I am planning on going to the April show, because I'm thinkin' about a holster.

There's a $1 off admission coupon on the show's website. :D

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
That is *so* not true! It is so very easy to find all your Nazi paraphernalia, your melee weapons coveted by pre-pubescent boys, the scores and SCORES of paintings and crafts/jewelry. . .and let us not forget that fine gentlemen present every gunshow who sets off the stun baton every 10 minutes and uses the same line of “It’s a bug zapper. . .if somebody is bugging you, you zap ‘em.”

No kidding! The flea market atmosphere is annoying.

Marco

imported post

Riana wrote:
I can't seem to justify spending $12 each to go
VCDL membership benefits.

You could volunteer to work VCDL's booth (must be a VCDL member ) and the admission is free.

hsmith

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem to everybody there is less and less to be found at the gun shows now-a-days?

I'll be so happy when that guy shocks himself one time and lays on the floor covered in his own urine.