• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nation's Gun Show this weekend

nova

imported post

There was only one person in front of me buying ammo at the one guy's table. I normally do bring one of those folding luggage carts but didn't this time. I ended up carrying two stacked cases of 7.62x39 all the way out to my truck instead :banghead:

Surprised though how little time it took. It only took about 3-4min total from the time the guy first saw me waiting until I was walking off with ammo.

It just gets me how friendly most of the vendors are at these gun shows. Gives me hope yet that there are good people in the world. I'm always polite regardless but it sure is nice to be treated nice in return.

IanB

imported post

Man that place was assholes and elbows today. I picked up 1K rounds .45 and a coworker picked up a G19 for $570 with tax.

tag

imported post

nova wrote:
There was only one person in front of me buying ammo at the one guy's table. I normally do bring one of those folding luggage carts but didn't this time. I ended up carrying two stacked cases of 7.62x39 all the way out to my truck instead :banghead:

Surprised though how little time it took. It only took about 3-4min total from the time the guy first saw me waiting until I was walking off with ammo.

It just gets me how friendly most of the vendors are at these gun shows. Gives me hope yet that there are good people in the world. I'm always polite regardless but it sure is nice to be treated nice in return.
I was at the show with my friend, and we had a box of ammo and another bag of ammo. I bought three ammo cans from a vendor and my friend bought two, and the vendor let us stash our ammo behind her table (we later came back with a rifle and she let us keep that back there too). After a half hour, we picked up our stuff and left. Whoever it was, she was very nice. She saved us a ton of time and effort.

I saw one AR-15 lower... the guy said the price was $400 :what:

hsmith

imported post

I went and participated in the evil gun show loophole :shock: - I guess I am an "unlicensed firearms dealer now" :shock:

Didn't see much to buy. Prices were crazy. Saiga's for $1100! I saw AUG's from $1600 - $3100.

Couldn't find a holster I liked so drove to VA Arms and gave Bernie more of my money.

Grabbed a Gun Saves Lives button and a round VCDL sticker. Gave them a few extra bucks on top of it - money well spent :D

hsmith

imported post

tag wrote:
nova wrote:

I was at the show with my friend, and we had a box of ammo and another bag of ammo. I bought three ammo cans from a vendor and my friend bought two, and the vendor let us stash our ammo behind her table (we later came back with a rifle and she let us keep that back there too). After a half hour, we picked up our stuff and left. Whoever it was, she was very nice. She saved us a ton of time and effort.

I saw one AR-15 lower... the guy said the price was $400 :what:
I should have brought my 4 lowers and sold them, at that price how could you not!

tag

imported post

hsmith wrote:
I went and participated in the evil gun show loophole :shock: - I guess I am an "unlicensed firearms dealer now" :shock:

Didn't see much to buy. Prices were crazy. Saiga's for $1100! I saw AUG's from $1600 - $3100.

Couldn't find a holster I liked so drove to VA Arms and gave Bernie more of my money.

Grabbed a Gun Saves Lives button and a round VCDL sticker. Gave them a few extra bucks on top of it - money well spent :D
I didn't see the VCDL table. I wanted to grab a GSL button

hunter45

imported post

I went for the second day in a row, looking to purchase my first 1911 (preferably a Kimber), but came out with nothing again. I just can't decide on what to get. I'm going back tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll find something.

Did anyone see the guy over by the concession stands that had 2 matching S&W 1911s that had an engraving of the American flag and a bald eagle that read "United We Stand" along the slide? He was asking for $2,000 for the pair. My uncle was thinking about buying them, you think that sounds like an OK deal? I hope he buys 'em because he said he would probably let me have the 2nd gun for free! :D

echo6tango

imported post

I picked up some American Eagle .45ACP 230gr for $16.99 per 50rd box.It's like gas prices...after paying almost $5 a gallon for so long, anything lower and you think you're getting a great deal and have to look over your shoulder to make sure you're not being chased. Everything else was just over priced eye candy. I did get the wife to come along...her first gun show. Of course that meant a stop by Tyson's on the way home :D. Picked up a nice 5" VCDL patch on the way out.

That was the first gun show I have ever been to where they were asking every single person they took a ticket from if they were carrying a firearm (at least when I went in around noon Saturday).

The low prices on XDs was nice to look at...but that whole resident of Maryland thingy made it so I was only looking/drooling and not buying.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We went in around 2 this afternoon thinking it'd be clearing by then -- it was still all @#$%s and elbows.

Found a few boxes of 9x23 (the guy who was supposed to bring them found he didn't have them after all), and bought 10 baseball caps for $20 from one of my son's "gun-show buddies" - we pass out hats for good behavior, and those who know my son will know why.

Then went and bought a new car instead of a new gun.

nova

imported post

I bought a 3 day pass on Friday so I figure I might as well walk around again tomorrow some. Mostly interested in reloading supplies and if I can find any "FBI Loads" in .38spl and some .357mag JHP to hold me over until my order arrives by mail.

nova

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Have any of you happened to notice prices of revolvers such as Ruger GP-100s or other 4" 357s?
I think Jerrys had a new 4" gp100 for just over $500.

wheelerXD

imported post

I went yesterday in hopes of getting a Sig p220 and couldn't find any deals I didn't believe it when people said they mark the prices up at gunshows sigs were about $50 or so more then what I have seen in most of the gun stores around except for the exchange at quantico any where is cheaper then that place even with taxes

cREbralFIX

imported post

Why pay $570 for a Glock 19 at a gun show when you can get one for $562 (with tax and $2 FBI check) at Virginia Arms? Plus, you get VA Arms' guarantee.

Sounds like the usual gun show BS fueled by panic.

I think I'll go looking for another lever gun or an old Remington rifle.

mpg9999

imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
There are ZERO 9mm Glock pistols in the building.
Not one.
No G17
No G19
No G26
Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Glad I got my G19 last week. 477 w/ trijicons and 3 mags, brand new. $477 :celebrate