Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who in FL wants to form a group to get OC moving on Florida>

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

The guy who started the petition does not return my emails - need to get a bill introduced in FL this year. FL is only southern OC ban state not moving forward.

Post imported post

And it won't. FL is too backwards to move forwards. Especially in the new political environment. I've already experienced the effects of it first-hand and am leaving this God-forsaken dump of a state ASAP.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

What happen to thethread for signing the petition it was copied and sent to numerous pro-gun sites here in florida to gain support now its been removed??????????? who took it down why are post disappearing????

maybe if the petition remained up more people would sign,

sprat

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    What happen to thethread for signing the petition it was copied and sent to numerous pro-gun sites here in florida to gain support now its been removed??????????? who took it down why are post disappearing????

maybe if the petition remained up more people would sign,

sprat
    The petition link won't come up for me right now - maybe it will be up later? The petition web site is owned by the guy who started the petition who has not returned my emails for some time now.

What are you talking about posts disappearing?

Banned

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    The guy who started the petition does not return my emails - need to get a bill introduced in FL this year. FL is only southern OC ban state not moving forward.
    It won't go anywhere. So many of the CCW holders love their cute little permits and love feeling "special." If we get open carry under the Florida Constitution, with a permit being required to go concealed, all the little dweebs with their cute permits won't feel so powerful.

Look for the CCW crowd to oppose open carry.

If you're not for open carry, you're an enemy of gun owners.

Post imported post

Smoke

I am advocate of open carry and a member here and other sites including floridaconcealed. you are making lots of emenies over there. please tone down, you not helping the cause. whether you think your right or whether you are wrong, jamming things down peoples throats gets there backs up try a tablespoon

I originally wanted to help start/carry onthe petition, but I changed my mind, not because of comments by Florida residents

sprat

Banned

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    Smoke

I am advocate of open carry and a member here and other sites including floridaconcealed. you are making lots of emenies over there. please tone down, you not helping the cause. whether you think your right or whether you are wrong, jamming things down peoples throats gets there backs up try a tablespoon

I originally wanted to help start/carry onthe petition, but I changed my mind, not because of comments by Florida residents

sprat
    You're a Summer soldier.

Keep your mouth shut around me, because you haven't earned the right to speak with a true RKBA advocate, and you don't have your band of half-hearts to cover your back.

Either you support open carry, or there's something wrong with you, and you
    truly don't support RKBA.

"Enemies?" Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Go walk around Wal-Mart.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    sprat wrote:
    Smoke

sprat
    You're a Summer soldier.

Keep your mouth shut around me, because you haven't earned the right to speak with a true RKBA advocate, and you don't have your band of half-hearts to cover your back.

Either you support open carry, or there's something wrong with you, and you
    truly don't support RKBA.

"Enemies?" Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Go walk around Wal-Mart.
    what is a summer soldier,cut me a break

as far as keeping my shut I have been on this site longer than you and I will speak my mind if I feel like it! to you or anyone else , its not your place. I earned the right to speak to true RKBA advocate;s before you were born. your a fraud as indicated by your posts here at other sites

I travel and post alone I am not a gangleader I don't need anyone here or on any other site to cover my back

Enemies you got plenty and soon to get more, you didn't read my response to your thread on Floridaconcealed carry you would know I don't patronize Wal Mart

you have major problems you should seek professional help

as far as open carrying I have been open carrying since the late 80's more of a advocate and more experienced than many

get a life

Banned

Post imported post

sprat wrote:
    what is a summer soldier,cut me a break
    You're not even a real American. You don't even know the founding words of this country.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    It won't go anywhere. So many of the CCW holders love their cute little permits and love feeling "special." If we get open carry under the Florida Constitution, with a permit being required to go concealed, all the little dweebs with their cute permits won't feel so powerful.

Look for the CCW crowd to oppose open carry.

If you're not for open carry, you're an enemy of gun owners.

i was just in arizona for a month and open carried for the first time. i'm born and raised in florida, and have a CWL for florida. i loved every minute of open carrying in arizona. (except that i couldnt' do it in restaurants).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

I spent four hours here last night reading, and learned more here in a few hours than I've learned on other gun sites in years.

Thank you all for sharing your in-depth knowledge of the rules & regs.!!

As for pushing for Florida Open Carry legislation, I'm all for it and will spread the message far and wide.

Any suggestions from those who have managed it in their states on how to create a successful push here?

Thanks
    Bev

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

GunsNLipstick wrote:
    I spent four hours here last night reading, and learned more here in a few hours than I've learned on other gun sites in years.

Thank you all for sharing your in-depth knowledge of the rules & regs.!!

As for pushing for Florida Open Carry legislation, I'm all for it and will spread the message far and wide.

Any suggestions from those who have managed it in their states on how to create a successful push here?

Thanks
    Bev
    Welcome aboard GunsNLipstick - in four hours you've managed to scratch the surface I'm sure.

There is someone working on it I believe as I remember reading about it here on OCDO but it didn't turn up in my search. Anybody?

You mean like this lady at a VCDL picnic, right?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

should get a picnic and group goin for tampa, i would deff be down for this!

A small compound in the panhandle, Florida, USA

Post imported post

Florida used to have open carry for a short time back in the '80's.

Post imported post

I may be moving back to Florida (I'm a native).

I do not look forward to going back to Florida's draconian gun laws.

Having lived in Indiana for 8 years now I've got a lifetime License to Carry (cost all of 60 bucks) andthere is no law against the carry of longarms (open, concealed, loaded, unloaded).

I do NOT look forward to having to go back to constant concealed carry, nor the insane fees for the CWL. $180 bucks for 5 years IIRC. Thats highway robbery. Not to mention the 3 month wait as opposed to 2 weeks in Indiana.

Not to mention you can't get a CWL until you are 21 in Florida, in Indiana it's 18.

Up here we will soon be pushing for Vermont style carry, No permits or licenses.

That's what Florida needs.

Florida is WAY behind the curve in gun laws and Rights. Time for them to join the 21st century.

Post imported post

Prometheus wrote:

Having lived in Indiana for 8 years now I've got a lifetime License to Carry (cost all of 60 bucks) andthere is no law against the carry of longarms (open, concealed, loaded, unloaded).

I do NOT look forward to having to go back to constant concealed carry, nor the insane fees for the CWL. $180 bucks for 5 years IIRC. Thats highway robbery. Not to mention the 3 month wait as opposed to 2 weeks in Indiana.

Not to mention you can't get a CWL until you are 21 in Florida, in Indiana it's 18.

Up here we will soon be pushing for Vermont style carry, No permits or licenses.

Florida is WAY behind the curve in gun laws and Rights. Time for them to join the 21st century.
    if it makes you feel any better, the license is now good for 7 years

Banned

Post imported post

Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

Dude, I know Indiana has its negatives, but if you're into guns, I mean, really into guns, Florida sucks compared to Indiana.

In the Midwest, the gun stores generally have this mellow "Howya' doin'" Good Ole Boy vibe, while in Florida, so many of the guys working the gun stores have this goofy cop/military attitude. They act almost like the gun store is a police office adjunct.

The military vibe in the stores down here is not the surplus-store vibe of the Midwest, either, where the store is outfitting survivalists and independent types with tents, camp stoves, subversive literature, and MREs. The military vibe in the stores here is this really eerie authoritiarian thing, like everyone is practicing for a building entry. It's kinda creepy.

They're also really unfriendly to open carry. Stop into a few gun stores, and drop the topic of open carry. Nobody picks it up. All they want is CCW.

They also know almost nothing about competition shooting, and it's nigh impossible to get reloading components or gear, except for the shotgun facilities which are pretty good, in the main.

As an example, I once called every gun range in my area and asked if they allowed cast bullets to be shot (in the Midwest, I wouldn't have to ask), and not one store even knew what a cast bullet was.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

Dude, I know Indiana has its negatives, but if you're into guns, I mean, really into guns, Florida sucks compared to Indiana.

In the Midwest, the gun stores generally have this mellow "Howya' doin'" Good Ole Boy vibe, while in Florida, so many of the guys working the gun stores have this goofy cop/military attitude. They act almost like the gun store is a police office adjunct.

The military vibe in the stores down here is not the surplus-store vibe of the Midwest, either, where the store is outfitting survivalists and independent types with tents, camp stoves, subversive literature, and MREs. The military vibe in the stores here is this really eerie authoritiarian thing, like everyone is practicing for a building entry. It's kinda creepy.

They're also really unfriendly to open carry. Stop into a few gun stores, and drop the topic of open carry. Nobody picks it up. All they want is CCW.

They also know almost nothing about competition shooting, and it's nigh impossible to get reloading components or gear, except for the shotgun facilities which are pretty good, in the main.

As an example, I once called every gun range in my area and asked if they allowed cast bullets to be shot (in the Midwest, I wouldn't have to ask), and not one store even knew what a cast bullet was.
    If you are that unhappy in Florida try looking in the yellow pages under "Moving". I'm sure you will find one that can get you out of the state

Banned

Post imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

If you are that unhappy in Florida try looking in the yellow pages under "Moving". I'm sure you will find one that can get you out of the state
    Or, and here's a radical idea, you could try coming up to the level of a good pro-gun state, with good pro-gun politics, with knowledgeable shooters.

Most of the guys down here who are really good got good somewhere else and moved here. I'd like to see Florida develop an active competitive development program for youths through seniors.

Banned

Post imported post

What's sad is that I have an open carry lawsuit that I'm close to having completed, but I'm reluctant to file it because of the backlash, attacks and negative treatment I'd receive from Florida gun owners.

Post imported post

Not to be an butt head, but what is wrong with Fl. laws?

We have a right to carry, with a permit, AKA CCW.

Very open about guns and shooting. Leave it in the car, law. Which I don't.

Stand your ground, law. Which I do.

Pretty much not a hard core anti state.

I like it here and our laws suite me just fine, with one exception, OPEN CARRY, is a no no.

It's kinda hard to hide a 1911, under a tee shirt.

I have to wear a much larger **** than a fitted one.

So, te;ll me what's wrong.

Post imported post

smoking357 wrote:
    What's sad is that I have an open carry lawsuit that I'm close to having completed, but I'm reluctant to file it because of the backlash, attacks and negative treatment I'd receive from Florida gun owners.
    I would love to have OC in florida. I went to GA a couple weeks ago and OC the whole time I was there.

Post imported post

blacksharkL82 wrote:
    Not to be an butt head, but what is wrong with Fl. laws?

<snip>

So, te;ll me what's wrong.
    Go back and read my and smoking357's post's.

Florida is still in the dark ages of gun laws compared to most states. Sure Florida took the lead for a bit two decades ago but Florida has stood still since then while the rest of the country is moving forward.

I had to move from Florida to realize how crappy Florida gun laws are in comparison to most of the other states.

I was like you 8 years ago. Having lived in PA and IN and regularly going to TN and KY it really opened my eyes. Not to mention all the friends who travel to AZ/NV, lol.

OC is just a small part of the problem with Florida gun laws.

Again you want to really open your eyes, go look up the laws in Pennsylvania and especially look up Vermont's gun laws. Indiana (where I currently reside) is better than Florida but could definitely be better than it is. Heck even New Hampshire has better gun laws than Florida!

The more I move and visit the rest of this country and the world the more I realize people are stuck into thinking their city/state is the "best" or some sort of "top dog" in certain areas.

You really want to see some back woods idiots when it comes to city pride? Go to chicago, lol.

Bottom line? I'm a Florida native who wants to come home. I want to improve my home by having it fall in line with the Constitution. Whats so wrong about that?

Post imported post

I think I would like OC, but I don't live in the propper state.

I came from NJ, where I applied and was not approved to carry, even being a SPL PO.

Gave up the temp badge and moved to where they allow me to live in safety.

Her, in Fl., carring my 1911, under a shirt, is pretty hard to hide. My only complaint, so far. Printing, a big problem. I've been warned too many times, with a smile from the POs.

Too old and fussy to move, now.

I carry at least 2 at a time and with shorts and Tees, it's hard to not show/print. LOL

Post imported post

Hello Floridians.

I live in CT where OC is perfectly legal, unfortunately the masses and LEO's DO NOT KNOW THIS! Which can cause many problems when OCing,Here in CT.

We are following the lead of the VCDL.

A bunch of us from this forumgot together for dinner in February, and we are in the process ofbuildingour own Grassroots organization. We are well on our way.

We are a group dedicated to protecting our gun rights, we will also be sponsoring OC events to help spread the word that it is legal in CT.

I recomend that you try to do the same type of thing in FL if you ever wish to OC in your state legally. Unfortunately a petition will not get the job done. It is a good start but you need to be organized to attempt to persuade law makers to see things your way.

Good luck and keep fighting to change your laws!!!

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast