• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who in FL wants to form a group to get OC moving on Florida>

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The guy who started the petition does not return my emails - need to get a bill introduced in FL this year. FL is only southern OC ban state not moving forward.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And it won't. FL is too backwards to move forwards. Especially in the new political environment. I've already experienced the effects of it first-hand and am leaving this God-forsaken dump of a state ASAP.

sprat

imported post

What happen to thethread for signing the petition it was copied and sent to numerous pro-gun sites here in florida to gain support now its been removed??????????? who took it down why are post disappearing????

maybe if the petition remained up more people would sign,

sprat

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

sprat wrote:
What happen to thethread for signing the petition it was copied and sent to numerous pro-gun sites here in florida to gain support now its been removed??????????? who took it down why are post disappearing????

maybe if the petition remained up more people would sign,

sprat

The petition link won't come up for me right now - maybe it will be up later? The petition web site is owned by the guy who started the petition who has not returned my emails for some time now.

What are you talking about posts disappearing?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
The guy who started the petition does not return my emails - need to get a bill introduced in FL this year. FL is only southern OC ban state not moving forward.

It won't go anywhere. So many of the CCW holders love their cute little permits and love feeling "special." If we get open carry under the Florida Constitution, with a permit being required to go concealed, all the little dweebs with their cute permits won't feel so powerful.

Look for the CCW crowd to oppose open carry.

If you're not for open carry, you're an enemy of gun owners.

sprat

imported post

Smoke

I am advocate of open carry and a member here and other sites including floridaconcealed. you are making lots of emenies over there. please tone down, you not helping the cause. whether you think your right or whether you are wrong, jamming things down peoples throats gets there backs up try a tablespoon

I originally wanted to help start/carry onthe petition, but I changed my mind, not because of comments by Florida residents

sprat

smoking357

Banned
imported post

sprat wrote:
Smoke

I am advocate of open carry and a member here and other sites including floridaconcealed. you are making lots of emenies over there. please tone down, you not helping the cause. whether you think your right or whether you are wrong, jamming things down peoples throats gets there backs up try a tablespoon

I originally wanted to help start/carry onthe petition, but I changed my mind, not because of comments by Florida residents

sprat
You're a Summer soldier.

Keep your mouth shut around me, because you haven't earned the right to speak with a true RKBA advocate, and you don't have your band of half-hearts to cover your back.

Either you support open carry, or there's something wrong with you, and you
truly don't support RKBA.

"Enemies?" Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go walk around Wal-Mart.

sprat

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
sprat wrote:
Smoke

sprat
You're a Summer soldier.

Keep your mouth shut around me, because you haven't earned the right to speak with a true RKBA advocate, and you don't have your band of half-hearts to cover your back.

Either you support open carry, or there's something wrong with you, and you
truly don't support RKBA.

"Enemies?" Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go walk around Wal-Mart.

what is a summer soldier,cut me a break

as far as keeping my shut I have been on this site longer than you and I will speak my mind if I feel like it! to you or anyone else , its not your place. I earned the right to speak to true RKBA advocate;s before you were born. your a fraud as indicated by your posts here at other sites

I travel and post alone I am not a gangleader I don't need anyone here or on any other site to cover my back

Enemies you got plenty and soon to get more, you didn't read my response to your thread on Floridaconcealed carry you would know I don't patronize Wal Mart

you have major problems you should seek professional help

as far as open carrying I have been open carrying since the late 80's more of a advocate and more experienced than many

get a life

hammer6

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Mike wrote:

It won't go anywhere. So many of the CCW holders love their cute little permits and love feeling "special." If we get open carry under the Florida Constitution, with a permit being required to go concealed, all the little dweebs with their cute permits won't feel so powerful.

Look for the CCW crowd to oppose open carry.

If you're not for open carry, you're an enemy of gun owners.

i was just in arizona for a month and open carried for the first time. i'm born and raised in florida, and have a CWL for florida. i loved every minute of open carrying in arizona. (except that i couldnt' do it in restaurants).

GunsNLipstick

imported post

I spent four hours here last night reading, and learned more here in a few hours than I've learned on other gun sites in years.

Thank you all for sharing your in-depth knowledge of the rules & regs.!!

As for pushing for Florida Open Carry legislation, I'm all for it and will spread the message far and wide.

Any suggestions from those who have managed it in their states on how to create a successful push here?

Thanks
Bev

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

GunsNLipstick wrote:
I spent four hours here last night reading, and learned more here in a few hours than I've learned on other gun sites in years.

Thank you all for sharing your in-depth knowledge of the rules & regs.!!

As for pushing for Florida Open Carry legislation, I'm all for it and will spread the message far and wide.

Any suggestions from those who have managed it in their states on how to create a successful push here?

Thanks
Bev
Welcome aboard GunsNLipstick - in four hours you've managed to scratch the surface I'm sure.:D

There is someone working on it I believe as I remember reading about it here on OCDO but it didn't turn up in my search. Anybody?

You mean like this lady at a VCDL picnic, right?

Yata hey

Prometheus

imported post

I may be moving back to Florida (I'm a native).

I do not look forward to going back to Florida's draconian gun laws.

Having lived in Indiana for 8 years now I've got a lifetime License to Carry (cost all of 60 bucks) andthere is no law against the carry of longarms (open, concealed, loaded, unloaded).

I do NOT look forward to having to go back to constant concealed carry, nor the insane fees for the CWL. $180 bucks for 5 years IIRC. Thats highway robbery. Not to mention the 3 month wait as opposed to 2 weeks in Indiana.

Not to mention you can't get a CWL until you are 21 in Florida, in Indiana it's 18.

Up here we will soon be pushing for Vermont style carry, No permits or licenses.

That's what Florida needs.

Florida is WAY behind the curve in gun laws and Rights. Time for them to join the 21st century.

glock4me

imported post

Prometheus wrote:

Having lived in Indiana for 8 years now I've got a lifetime License to Carry (cost all of 60 bucks) andthere is no law against the carry of longarms (open, concealed, loaded, unloaded).

I do NOT look forward to having to go back to constant concealed carry, nor the insane fees for the CWL. $180 bucks for 5 years IIRC. Thats highway robbery. Not to mention the 3 month wait as opposed to 2 weeks in Indiana.

Not to mention you can't get a CWL until you are 21 in Florida, in Indiana it's 18.

Up here we will soon be pushing for Vermont style carry, No permits or licenses.

Florida is WAY behind the curve in gun laws and Rights. Time for them to join the 21st century.
if it makes you feel any better, the license is now good for 7 years :dude:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

Dude, I know Indiana has its negatives, but if you're into guns, I mean, really into guns, Florida sucks compared to Indiana.

In the Midwest, the gun stores generally have this mellow "Howya' doin'" Good Ole Boy vibe, while in Florida, so many of the guys working the gun stores have this goofy cop/military attitude. They act almost like the gun store is a police office adjunct.

The military vibe in the stores down here is not the surplus-store vibe of the Midwest, either, where the store is outfitting survivalists and independent types with tents, camp stoves, subversive literature, and MREs. The military vibe in the stores here is this really eerie authoritiarian thing, like everyone is practicing for a building entry. It's kinda creepy.

They're also really unfriendly to open carry. Stop into a few gun stores, and drop the topic of open carry. Nobody picks it up. All they want is CCW.

They also know almost nothing about competition shooting, and it's nigh impossible to get reloading components or gear, except for the shotgun facilities which are pretty good, in the main.

As an example, I once called every gun range in my area and asked if they allowed cast bullets to be shot (in the Midwest, I wouldn't have to ask), and not one store even knew what a cast bullet was.

acrimsontide

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

Dude, I know Indiana has its negatives, but if you're into guns, I mean, really into guns, Florida sucks compared to Indiana.

In the Midwest, the gun stores generally have this mellow "Howya' doin'" Good Ole Boy vibe, while in Florida, so many of the guys working the gun stores have this goofy cop/military attitude. They act almost like the gun store is a police office adjunct.

The military vibe in the stores down here is not the surplus-store vibe of the Midwest, either, where the store is outfitting survivalists and independent types with tents, camp stoves, subversive literature, and MREs. The military vibe in the stores here is this really eerie authoritiarian thing, like everyone is practicing for a building entry. It's kinda creepy.

They're also really unfriendly to open carry. Stop into a few gun stores, and drop the topic of open carry. Nobody picks it up. All they want is CCW.

They also know almost nothing about competition shooting, and it's nigh impossible to get reloading components or gear, except for the shotgun facilities which are pretty good, in the main.

As an example, I once called every gun range in my area and asked if they allowed cast bullets to be shot (in the Midwest, I wouldn't have to ask), and not one store even knew what a cast bullet was.
If you are that unhappy in Florida try looking in the yellow pages under "Moving". I'm sure you will find one that can get you out of the state

smoking357

Banned
imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

Amen, bro. Sing it.

If you are that unhappy in Florida try looking in the yellow pages under "Moving". I'm sure you will find one that can get you out of the state
Or, and here's a radical idea, you could try coming up to the level of a good pro-gun state, with good pro-gun politics, with knowledgeable shooters.

Most of the guys down here who are really good got good somewhere else and moved here. I'd like to see Florida develop an active competitive development program for youths through seniors.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

What's sad is that I have an open carry lawsuit that I'm close to having completed, but I'm reluctant to file it because of the backlash, attacks and negative treatment I'd receive from Florida gun owners.