• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida CCW in NY?

Infowars

imported post

Like many NY'ers I have legal residence in Florida and looking into getting my CWL (Florida resident) while in NY - Does anyone know any good and fair priced training available in the NYC area (Queens) or Long Island?

I am looking for something similar to Dr. Bruce Eimer's
http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net

anywhere that can cover all the class,course materials and range to qualify for the Florida CCW

Thanks for any input!

fishman

imported post

First up, I would apply for a FLA non resident CWL...I have one myself.

If you list Fla as your state of residence and you put on the app that you have a NY permit when Fla cross checks with NY you run the risk of having your NY permit revoked for there are no nonresident permits in NY and if Fla is your state of residence then your NY permit is invalid.

I have had a Fla nonresident for years and its a good one to have.

I would apply for a Fla non resident its not a big deal to get one.

My "training" course consisted of a hunter safety certificate issued by NYS Dept of Conservation.......courses are available all over for young hunters....cheap, and is accepted by Fla.