• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police arrest man in triple homicide

xd.40

imported post

http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/article/new_police_arrest_man_in_triple_homicide/29904/

Police Press Release
Published: February 13, 2009
A Triangle man has been charged with killing his two step children and their mother.

Police were called to the home of 18402 Cedar Drive for a domestic situation at about 10:45 p.m. last night.

When they arrived they found the bodies of 45-year-old Elizabeth Dean and 13-year-old Connor Kirk.

Brittany Kirk, 14, was flown to the hospital and died just after 3 a.m. from her injuries.

Dean Carrillo, 44, of the same address, is charged with killing all three, said 1st Sgt. Kim Chinn, Prince William police spokeswoman.

Carrillo, a Prince William County Park Ranger, faces two charges of first degree murder, three counts of using a firearm in commission of a felony and one count of aggravated assault.

possumboy

imported post

I read this story in the WaPo and the comments had someone going off on the NRA and how only LEO should have guns. And how this was the NRA's fault. Blah, Blah, Blah.

There was even a comment about how this would not have happened if the NRA didn't ensure everyone could have a gun. I wish I could live in such stupidity. That must be a very blissful person who believes that the gun was the problem.

This was before the full story came out and it was learned that it was a Park Ranger.

I cannot find it now, but I wonder if those people feel stupid.

I also heard on the news that PWC Park Rangers do not carry, they only have radios to call and wait for police...

Now THAT makes me feel so much safer depending on LEOs in our parks.

nova

imported post

As much as I disagree on some of the NRA's compromising positions, I remain a member because I know how much the rabid anti-gunners loathe the NRA so much.