Thread: Morton's Steak - OC?

Post imported post

Has anyone had any experience at Morton's in Shockoe Bottom? My wife and I will be there Saturday evening.

TIA

ron

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

pipesmoker wrote:
    Has anyone had any experience at Morton's in Shockoe Bottom? My wife and I will be there Saturday evening.

TIA

ron

We eat there once in a while. I doubt you will be well received OC'ing. Depending on how many other customers are there and how you are dressed, they may or may not say anything. A lot of the patrons are MCV Doctors and they can get snotty about guns.

I wouldn't think of going to Shockoe Bottom (or anywhere else in Richmond) unarmed though...but since it would be illegal to conceal in Mortons ...I wouldn't think of breaking a law that it's almost impossible to get caught breaking....I'll let you draw your own conclusion!

Post imported post

Wear all black. Then you can OC but have it camouflaged. Sometimes when I want to OC but want to avoid as much attention as possible I wear dark clothing. Not fool proof but as much as you can "conceal" your gun without actually concealing it. If you can wear a nice black shirt and have an IWB holster that would be even better.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    snip.......I'll let you draw your own conclusion!
    In order to draw my conclusion, I must first reach (for) one. My preferred conclusion decider is in .45 whether OCd or deep CC. Conclusions easily reached are best - as in "perhaps you are wondering why I concluded this meeting?"

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I OC at all the nice steak houses up here in NoVA and have never had an issue.

Post imported post

Ok, guys, thanks for your input. Did the "Virginia tuck" and had a great meal.
    Place was very busy so no one noticed.

ron

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    I OC at all the nice steak houses up here in NoVA and have never had an issue.
    OC at Tysons RUTHS.. no issue.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)