• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morton's Steak - OC?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

pipesmoker wrote:
Has anyone had any experience at Morton's in Shockoe Bottom? My wife and I will be there Saturday evening.

TIA

ron
We eat there once in a while. I doubt you will be well received OC'ing. Depending on how many other customers are there and how you are dressed, they may or may not say anything. A lot of the patrons are MCV Doctors and they can get snotty about guns.

I wouldn't think of going to Shockoe Bottom (or anywhere else in Richmond) unarmed though...but since it would be illegal to conceal in Mortons ...I wouldn't think of breaking a law that it's almost impossible to get caught breaking....I'll let you draw your own conclusion!

richarcm

imported post

Wear all black. Then you can OC but have it camouflaged. Sometimes when I want to OC but want to avoid as much attention as possible I wear dark clothing. Not fool proof but as much as you can "conceal" your gun without actually concealing it. If you can wear a nice black shirt and have an IWB holster that would be even better.

:dude:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
snip.......I'll let you draw your own conclusion!
In order to draw my conclusion, I must first reach (for) one. My preferred conclusion decider is in .45 whether OCd or deep CC. Conclusions easily reached are best - as in "perhaps you are wondering why I concluded this meeting?" :D

Yata hey

pipesmoker

imported post

Ok, guys, thanks for your input. Did the "Virginia tuck" and had a great meal.
Place was very busy so no one noticed.

ron