Thread: Boy Scouts?

Post imported post

Just curious as to how many of us were taught in the BSA that we needed to always be prepared?

I'm looking for some common threads amongst us CCW/Open Carry folks.

My troop went on camp-outs once a month and did 'survival' trips once a year. Don't get me wrong, I used the quotes because we had cans of soup and matches to fall back on.

Post imported post

Yup. Had scout training as a lad and later four years US Marine Corps.

Post imported post

invisiblejet wrote:
    Just curious as to how many of us were taught in the BSA that we needed to always be prepared?

I'm looking for some common threads amongst us CCW/Open Carry folks.

My troop went on camp-outs once a month and did 'survival' trips once a year. Don't get me wrong, I used the quotes because we had cans of soup and matches to fall back on.
    My Troop also had a policy of camping-out once a month, plus a two-week hike/camping trip in July. In August, we were on our own to plan our own camping trip. Rain, snow, heat wave....we camped out. Learned how to pack light, but have the necessary equipment handy.

Now, much to my wife's chagrin, I am still ever the Boy Scout...

Regular equipment in vehicles include jumper cables, ice scraper, couple of bottles of water, 1st Aid Kit, jack/tire iron, spare tire, flashlight, chem lights, paper towels, anti-freeze, oil, and a couple of MREs.

Long distance trips include brake fluid, BUG (either P239/40 or MK9), M4gery, mags, Benelli M3 and ammo.