• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boy Scouts?

invisiblejet

imported post

Just curious as to how many of us were taught in the BSA that we needed to always be prepared?

I'm looking for some common threads amongst us CCW/Open Carry folks.

My troop went on camp-outs once a month and did 'survival' trips once a year. Don't get me wrong, I used the quotes because we had cans of soup and matches to fall back on.

SIGguy229

imported post

invisiblejet wrote:
Just curious as to how many of us were taught in the BSA that we needed to always be prepared?

I'm looking for some common threads amongst us CCW/Open Carry folks.

My troop went on camp-outs once a month and did 'survival' trips once a year. Don't get me wrong, I used the quotes because we had cans of soup and matches to fall back on.
My Troop also had a policy of camping-out once a month, plus a two-week hike/camping trip in July. In August, we were on our own to plan our own camping trip. Rain, snow, heat wave....we camped out. Learned how to pack light, but have the necessary equipment handy.

Now, much to my wife's chagrin, I am still ever the Boy Scout...

Regular equipment in vehicles include jumper cables, ice scraper, couple of bottles of water, 1st Aid Kit, jack/tire iron, spare tire, flashlight, chem lights, paper towels, anti-freeze, oil, and a couple of MREs.

Long distance trips include brake fluid, BUG (either P239/40 or MK9), M4gery, mags, Benelli M3 and ammo.