• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carried all last weekend

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Well, I tried it again and I think I like it.

I wound up open carrying everywhere I went last weekend and it went without a hitch.

The gas station, Walmart, Walmart Market on Coursey, another pizza place, and the gun show in Gonzales.

I could get used to this, really could. Just need to get used to the weight of having that G27 hanging off of my side on the paddle SERPA.

Got what I think were a few semi-startled looks from a few of the stockers at WM Market though. I think most folks I encountered didn't even notice.

Dirty

Seigi

imported post

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest getting a recorder. Preferably one with a slide that locks the buttons so it doesn't turn itself on and off in your pocket. Leave it on at all times when open carrying or learn to operate it quickly, reliably, and discreetly. If, like mine, it burns through batteries you may want to keep spares in your vehicle. In the unlikely event that you're harrassed by police it can prove invaluable. Just my $.02.

dirty_sanchez

imported post

They made me empty the chamber and remove the magazine.

It's comfortable to know I could have beat the perp over the head resulting in a large contusion with my weapon.

Thanks for the suggestion for a voice recorder. Consider it done.

Dirty

sraacke

imported post

Off topic but I'm curious about the crowds at the gun show. I didn't go and was dying to hear a report from someone who went. How was it? Crowded? How were the ammo sales from dealers like L&S? What were the prices like? I hated missing it but I'm putting my money into other priorities at the moment.

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Dead old Sam Walton's store still has better pricing on handgun ammo-even after paying sales tax.

The only Glock magazines I managed to find were $30. Just the other day on the world wide internets I found a place selling them new from $18 to $22. I now have plenty of magazines-even magazines for weapons I don't even own....yet.

Not being overly keen on crowds, I'll most likely wait another 20 years before I attend my next Gun Show to see if anything has changed. Like others have said, I think the days of Gun Show deals of the 70's and 80's are long since gone. I now believe them.

Dirty