• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places for cheap ammo

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does anyone have in mind some places to get cheap ammo. It seems every place I go to has been jacking up their prices. Need to find some 12 gauge, 9mm, 40s&w.

r6-rider

imported post

wal mart?

iv seen ammo for sale on backpage before, and gunbroker of course

Michigander

imported post

Cabelas in Glendale will have everything you need to start reloading, including Lee products, which are easily the best deal for the money.

GWbiker

imported post

There's no such thing as cheap ammo today. This is the best you'll do.

Yeah, with Copper prices headed for the toilet and Copper mines in Arizona laying off many hundreds of workers, Ammo prices still increase.

:cuss::cuss:

Michigander

imported post

Scrap prices in Arizona are like getting ass raped. I had a trunk load of copper that I had been stashing that I took to the scrap yard before I moved, and I was shocked when I got next to nothing for it.

If you are a reloader, and can cast your own bullets and make your own copper jackets, it would literally make sense to wait outside a scrap yard and offer people coming in triple what the scrap yard will pay them for some usable copper.

51percent

imported post

Cabelas, Wal-Mart (when in stock) and Big 5. Forget Sports Authority, they must have voted for Nobama. I was a member of the Scottsdale Gun Club for several years, expensive but a good place to check out.

GWbiker

imported post

In the Tucson area......Wallymart on Speedway, 100 round box of WWB .45acp FMJ for $29.95+tax. Not too much else on the shelves this afternoon.

A few weeks ago, Wallymart at/near Foothills mall did have Blazer brass 9mm for under $9.00@50 rounds.

Dahwg

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
In the Tucson area......Wallymart on Speedway, 100 round box of WWB .45acp FMJ for $29.95+tax. Not too much else on the shelves this afternoon.

A few weeks ago, Wallymart at/near Foothills mall did have Blazer brass 9mm for under $9.00@50 rounds.

Wallyworld by Foothills has jack these days. I got lucky and hit Diamondback the exact day they just got a big shipment of 9mm HST, bought as much as my checkbook would tolerate right now- the price has gone up 10% over the last year. I'd like about 400 more rounds of that. Also got some Federal American Eagle at Murphy's but 50 rounds of ball ammo were 19 freaking dollars?!?! It's getting ugly and Nobama hasn't even done anything yet!

imported post

Cheapest place I know -- my reloading bench. I don't even bother with commercial ammo anymore.

Ammo's just going to keep getting more expensive -- it's time for folks to bite the bullet and learn to reload.

curtm1911

imported post

Another place to look is Bear Arms in Scottsdale, SW corner of Shea & Scottsdale Rd, in the back of the big parking lot, they usually have a good stock of most all you could want