• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin tree planter's open carry hearing is February 17, 2009 at the West Allis City Courtroom

blacksharkL82

imported post

BJA wrote:
blackshark what do you mean by that? But in other light, pointman your right there lucky it didn't turn out worse, Imagine if they were in plain clothes. Fact is, is that anybody expecially police that come armed and pointing their guns at an armed law abiding citizen homeowner whos planting a feaking tree lack common sense, and are a denger to society. Thank god it didn't turn out worse!

The Police in this case put brads life, their own and others that could have been caught in crossfire at risk, this is gross neglagence on the part of the police department. I mean what did his neighbor say to the police?? "My neighbor is planting a tree in HIS yard and has a weapon in a holster on his hip" dam thats a real dangerthey should have called SWAT in too....... :banghead: I respect police and know they face dangers but they should have used ALOTT more common sense in this case,the departments actions were truely pathetic.

Ben
When the general stupid public, sees the results of the trial, where he wins the case, they may start carying, with out any understading of the law and may not know how to handle a firearm. That will cause a problem for the cause and right. And yes, I agree that the cops acted kinda dumb. I lived in NJ, for a while. In the wooded section of the north. Sunday, around noon, I was shooting in my backyard. A hillside and many acres as a backstop. Some busybody, called the cops and said "shots fired." Well, low and behold, one cop, arrives on the site, my land, drives up to me and asks if I was shooting guns. I had 10 or 15 guns on the table and I was holding a rifle. He came alone. Not too bright for a call of shots fired. He never unholsterd his gun and was very meek in his demeaner. The cop told me that I needed to be shooting at a target, which I had posted, and the range had to be approved by the city. He then left. My shooting buddy, lived next door, about 300 yds away. same thing happened to him a few months later.