• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Schedule regarding Gun oriented Legislation

TOF

imported post

I, as requested by AZCDL wrote Emails to several Senators regarding pending gun legislation.

Senator Pamela Gordon requested that I pass her response back to AZCDL and I am extending that to cover other interested parties.

I might add that her response wasrapid even though my message was sent during the weekend.

My Message (by AZCDL):

Dear Senator Gorman,

The Arizona Citizens Defense League has informed me that bills not related to the budget have yet to be assigned to any Senate committees, yet by your own rules the deadline for hearing bills in committee is March 13th. That gives Senate committees barely 4 weeks to hear testimony, debate, and vote on, the fate of about 500 bills. The possibility that many pro-rights bills may not be heard this session, due to decisions made by the Senate leadership, is unfathomable.

I urge you, as a member of the Senate leadership, to have SB 1270 and SB 1243, along with other pro-rights bills, immediately assigned to Senate committees. SB 1270 and SB 1243 are critical to restoring and protecting my right to keep and bear arms, and I look forward to them being passed into law this session.

Sincerely,

XXX

Response:

Dear XXX,

The Senate will begin hearing bills after the budget has been passed. There will be the normal number of weeks to hear both senate and house bills, as we will waive the rules to allow for the change in calendar that is necessitated by our state's fiscal crisis.

Please pass this information back to whatever source has encouraged you and others to send this same message to me. I don't want the citizen defense league to worry that these bills are in jeopardy just because of the unusual calendar we are keeping this year.

Thank You,
Pamela Gorman

Chez

imported post

I wrote my reps too, but added a line that I am sure they are busy with the budget, but once it is taken care of, I hope that they would support the pro gun legislation.

We got to let them know that there are a lot of us that support the bills.