Thread: Hollow Points

Post imported post

is it legal to have hallow points or hydrashock bullets in the magazine? i heard that those kinda bullets are illegal cuz it could kill a police officer by penetrating the vest.. dunno if its legal in arizona or not?

Post imported post

Dont know who you heard that from but yeah you can have them.. why else would they sell them.

Post imported post

hollow points are legal, i carry them. had a friend last month try to tell me theyre illegal cause "a cop told him so" and i made him look like a complete idiot in front of our group

and no, a hollow point is not going through a vest they are designed NOT to over penetrate a person (as in no exit wound)

Post imported post

Hollow points are "safety bullets" they help keep me safe, they help keep the bullet from over-penetrating and thus hitting someone else so they keep person #2 safe, and they make bigger holes, therefore requiring one to make less holes and thereby fire less rounds which mitigates the incidence of stray bullets.

Post imported post

Are 'hallow points' hollow points that have been blessed by the local priest? Making them 'hallowed'??

Post imported post

AZkopper wrote:
    Are 'hallow points' hollow points that have been blessed by the local priest? Making them 'hallowed'??

Well I'm a pastor, so perhaps they're hollow points that I've fired from my sidearm.

Post imported post

I'm having some vampire and zombie attacks in my area. Could be liberals. Either way, I think blessed bullets will be the key to stopping both. I figure both will feel more effect from "Godly" bullets. Can you help me out?

Post imported post

oops lol.. didnt catch that i mispelled the word...but thanks for the info!

Post imported post

hey pyro.... check out corbon "dpx" ammo or

extreme shock "fang face" ammo.. i carry both on a daily basis...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Seems like a read something somewhere about hollow points being less of a risk factor in regards to riccoches. They tend to shatter much more than a FMJ when they hit hard surfaces.

Post imported post

so just to make sure, hollow points are NOT only meant for concealed carry, correct? u can OC with hollow points? and if an incident were to occur, there would be no more legal actions on me due to using hollow points, correct?

Post imported post

Nope, carry hollow points all the time. You'll hear people talking about how tweaked guns will make you look worse because it seems like you were ready to shoot and blah blah blah. They are all worriers instead of warriors.Carry the most effective thing you can. I'm a fan of Hornady TAP (I use the 230 grain .45ACP) because of its consistencythrough the chrono and through the target. Again, carry the best you can,you're life is worth it!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    so just to make sure, hollow points are NOT only meant for concealed carry, correct? u can OC with hollow points? and if an incident were to occur, there would be no more legal actions on me due to using hollow points, correct?
    I have no Idea who's feeding you this misinformation. You need to get http://www.gunlaws.com/books.htm. This book will clear a bunch up for you.

Post imported post

youll hear ALOT of bs from alot of stupid people claiming they know the law cause their dads brothers wifes secretaries cousin is dps or a sheriff, but when it comes down to it no matter how much info you present them it usually doesnt have any effect. i let people talk their crap and when they dont listen i just say "alright well ill take my chances and make my money off **name** in court when they arrest me" that sometimes gets through their hard heads.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    Some of the best defensive ammo IMO is CorBon DPX and Federal HST and no it doesn't make any difference what your mode of carry is.

Unscrupulous prosecutors can and occasionally do say things that are really out there. Like the claim that Black Talons were cop killers because they would penetrate ballistic vests - NOT! The Teflon was for the benefit of the barrel and that was the only difference. BTW - this ammo is back and improved - it called Ranger SXT.

Carry your choice of a reliable gun loaded with reliable ammo and hope to never need to use either.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

FYI

There are laws in New Jersey prohibiting Hollow Points. The prohibition does not however extend to Arizona or most of the other States. People from there may have the opinion hollow points are illegal. They are not all crazies just not fully informed on the specific subject being discussed. I grabbed a very small part of NJ law from handgunlaws.com so you won't think I am crazy. :shock:

The following was copied from Handgunlaws.com:

Possession and Transportation of Hollow Point Ammo In NJ

Provided certain conditions are met, a sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are

no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home.

N.J.S.A
    2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception

that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This

exception provides that:

(2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his

dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the

place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [
    N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].

Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f

(1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities

pursuant to
    N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."

N.J.S.A
    26:39-3f. (1).
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

Yep New Jersey would seem to prefer more dangerous FMJ that can pass through the target and beyond + are highly subject to ricochet.

Fortunately neither Arizona nor Virginia are subject to the strange thinking in NJ - maybe its the water there.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Having read some procecutors commentary... as well as a few slack jawed vacant eyed droolin' idiot juror statements regarding 'boolets'...

I load my .45acp with the FMJ 'Ball' it was designed for. There will be no opportunity for propagandizing in that situation. Even my pistol is plain jane 1911-A1 as John Browning intended. No bells 'n whistles or deaths head grips (altho they're kind'a neat).

.45acp Ball willincapacitate / kill effectively enuff. It doest drill holes... it hammers.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Having read some procecutors commentary... as well as a few slack jawed vacant eyed droolin' idiot juror statements regarding 'boolets'...

I load my .45acp with the FMJ 'Ball' it was designed for. There will be no opportunity for propagandizing in that situation. Even my pistol is plain jane 1911-A1 as John Browning intended. No bells 'n whistles or deaths head grips (altho they're kind'a neat).

.45acp Ball willincapacitate / kill effectively enuff. It doest drill holes... it hammers.
    Understand your points - its just a hobby of mine jabbing Jersey - goes back to HankT days.

The Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning preaches in my church every day and you should hear the choir.

Yata hey

Post imported post

I can't fathom why anyone would want to, or continue tolive in New Jersey.

Must be the Kool-Aide?

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I can't fathom why anyone would want to, or continue tolive in New Jersey.

Must be the Kool-Aide?

That's why they're all moving here! I just wish they'd leave those grotesque accents in New Jersey where they belong!

Post imported post

Yeah... They do talk funny. 'Course, I speak 'Suth'rn'... so communication with Yankees is impossible.

Post imported post

Given the direction this is going and that I mentioned New Jersey and their stupid laws, I want you to know that I am not from NJ. I arrived in this world and Arizona in 1940 when born. My dad actualy rode the range chasing cattle in the rim country before WWI. The laws were correct back then and need to return to their previous state. Just about everybody had guns then.

Stay safe.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    JHP are the better choice for carry, both OC and concealed.
    however if you use any gun for self defense you had better be able to articulate
    good cause.
    Say something dumb and an anti prosecutor can paint you as a gun nut looking to kill someone with your extra deadly bullets.
    if the worse ever happens, you were in fear for your life and talk to a lawyer!