• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hollow Points

PYRO PSR

imported post

is it legal to have hallow points or hydrashock bullets in the magazine? i heard that those kinda bullets are illegal cuz it could kill a police officer by penetrating the vest.. dunno if its legal in arizona or not?

i_chance_all

imported post

Dont know who you heard that from but yeah you can have them.. why else would they sell them.

r6-rider

imported post

hollow points are legal, i carry them. had a friend last month try to tell me theyre illegal cause "a cop told him so" and i made him look like a complete idiot in front of our group

and no, a hollow point is not going through a vest they are designed NOT to over penetrate a person (as in no exit wound)

Dahwg

imported post

Hollow points are "safety bullets" they help keep me safe, they help keep the bullet from over-penetrating and thus hitting someone else so they keep person #2 safe, and they make bigger holes, therefore requiring one to make less holes and thereby fire less rounds which mitigates the incidence of stray bullets.:lol:

Dahwg

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Are 'hallow points' hollow points that have been blessed by the local priest? Making them 'hallowed'??

Well I'm a pastor, so perhaps they're hollow points that I've fired from my sidearm.

madcapmag

imported post

I'm having some vampire and zombie attacks in my area. Could be liberals. Either way, I think blessed bullets will be the key to stopping both. I figure both will feel more effect from "Godly" bullets. Can you help me out? :D

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seems like a read something somewhere about hollow points being less of a risk factor in regards to riccoches. They tend to shatter much more than a FMJ when they hit hard surfaces.

PYRO PSR

imported post

so just to make sure, hollow points are NOT only meant for concealed carry, correct? u can OC with hollow points? and if an incident were to occur, there would be no more legal actions on me due to using hollow points, correct?

madcapmag

imported post

Nope, carry hollow points all the time. You'll hear people talking about how tweaked guns will make you look worse because it seems like you were ready to shoot and blah blah blah. They are all worriers instead of warriors.Carry the most effective thing you can. I'm a fan of Hornady TAP (I use the 230 grain .45ACP) because of its consistencythrough the chrono and through the target. Again, carry the best you can,you're life is worth it!

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
so just to make sure, hollow points are NOT only meant for concealed carry, correct? u can OC with hollow points? and if an incident were to occur, there would be no more legal actions on me due to using hollow points, correct?

I have no Idea who's feeding you this misinformation. You need to get http://www.gunlaws.com/books.htm. This book will clear a bunch up for you.

r6-rider

imported post

youll hear ALOT of bs from alot of stupid people claiming they know the law cause their dads brothers wifes secretaries cousin is dps or a sheriff, but when it comes down to it no matter how much info you present them it usually doesnt have any effect. i let people talk their crap and when they dont listen i just say "alright well ill take my chances and make my money off **name** in court when they arrest me" that sometimes gets through their hard heads.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
Some of the best defensive ammo IMO is CorBon DPX and Federal HST and no it doesn't make any difference what your mode of carry is.

Unscrupulous prosecutors can and occasionally do say things that are really out there. Like the claim that Black Talons were cop killers because they would penetrate ballistic vests - NOT! The Teflon was for the benefit of the barrel and that was the only difference. BTW - this ammo is back and improved - it called Ranger SXT.

Carry your choice of a reliable gun loaded with reliable ammo and hope to never need to use either.

Yata hey

TOF

imported post

FYI

There are laws in New Jersey prohibiting Hollow Points. The prohibition does not however extend to Arizona or most of the other States. People from there may have the opinion hollow points are illegal. They are not all crazies just not fully informed on the specific subject being discussed. I grabbed a very small part of NJ law from handgunlaws.com so you won't think I am crazy. :shock:

The following was copied from Handgunlaws.com:

[align=left]Possession and Transportation of Hollow Point Ammo In NJ[/align]

[align=left]Provided certain conditions are met, a sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are[/align]
[align=left]no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home.[/align]

[align=left]N.J.S.A
2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception[/align]
[align=left]that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This[/align]
[align=left]exception provides that:[/align]
[align=left](2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his[/align]
[align=left]dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the[/align]
[align=left]place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [
N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].[/align]
[align=left]Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f[/align]
[align=left](1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities[/align]
[align=left]pursuant to
N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."[/align]
N.J.S.A
26:39-3f. (1).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Yep New Jersey would seem to prefer more dangerous FMJ that can pass through the target and beyond + are highly subject to ricochet.

Fortunately neither Arizona nor Virginia are subject to the strange thinking in NJ - maybe its the water there.

Yata hey

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Having read some procecutors commentary... as well as a few slack jawed vacant eyed droolin' idiot juror statements regarding 'boolets'...

I load my .45acp with the FMJ 'Ball' it was designed for. There will be no opportunity for propagandizing in that situation. Even my pistol is plain jane 1911-A1 as John Browning intended. No bells 'n whistles or deaths head grips (altho they're kind'a neat).

.45acp Ball willincapacitate / kill effectively enuff. It doest drill holes... it hammers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Having read some procecutors commentary... as well as a few slack jawed vacant eyed droolin' idiot juror statements regarding 'boolets'...

I load my .45acp with the FMJ 'Ball' it was designed for. There will be no opportunity for propagandizing in that situation. Even my pistol is plain jane 1911-A1 as John Browning intended. No bells 'n whistles or deaths head grips (altho they're kind'a neat).

.45acp Ball willincapacitate / kill effectively enuff. It doest drill holes... it hammers.
Understand your points - its just a hobby of mine jabbing Jersey - goes back to HankT days. :)

The Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning preaches in my church every day and you should hear the choir. :lol:

Yata hey

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I can't fathom why anyone would want to, or continue tolive in New Jersey.

Must be the Kool-Aide? :uhoh: