• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eastern Pa. Spring Picnic (Hazle Twp. - Community Park)

gnbrotz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What: Eastern Pa. Picnic - Spring 2009

When: May 16, 2009, 9:00 am - ?

Where: Community Park in Hazle Township - Google map here.
If you need directions, right click on the picnic table map marker, choose "directions to here", then enter the starting address in the "A" box near the top left corner of the map image.

Cost: There is no charge to attend the picnic.
The pavilion rental was $85.00. I have paid this in advance, and will have a jar available for those who wish to contribute towards this cost. The first $85 goes back in my pocket. Any additional donations will go to Pennsylvania Open Carry. Also, pocket Constitutions will be available for $1.00 each to benefit Pennsylvania Open Carry.

Do I have to carry, or open carry if I come?
No. There is no requirement that you carry, or to carry in any particular manner if you do. However, because of the holiday (Armed Forces Day), and The Red Cross walk/run in the park, we believe this will be an excellent opportunity to portray gun owners and carriers in a positive light to the general public. Because of this great opportunity, we are encouraging folks to open carry if they are comfortable doing so, but again, you are absolutely welcome regardless of your decision on if/how you carry.

Miscellaneous details:
  • Rental hours are from 9:00 am until 8:00 pm, but I do not expect to be there until 8:00 pm. That said, please come and go as you find convenient. There's no requirement that everyone else must be gone by the time I leave.
  • Food and drink are pot luck. If you mention what you are bringing, I will note that on the roll call list, so we don't end up with 20 bags of potato chips and nothing else. ;)
  • For anyone who may wish to bring drinks, here is what has already been promised: 1 case of Coke, 2 cases of Pepsi, 1 case of Sprite, 1 case of Root Beer.
For the sake of simplicity (and hopefully my sanity), the roll call will only be maintained in the PAFOA thread.