• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC @ Fderalway Mall

DEROS72

imported post

Did some shopping at the Federalway Commons OC.After about an hour I was in payless shoes.2 Leos came flying in and tried to engage me in conversation.One said as I walked away "nice day for shopping at the Mall".I replied yes it is and bid them goodday and walked on.I don't think they new how to respond to being dismissed.But they could see I was not a threat .I checked a couple of other stores for what I was looking for and left.That was the end of it.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but I could see they were trying to get me to stop and talk. Which after they saw I was properly carrying they didn't need to do.But to their credit they did leave me alone after that.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
SNIP 2 Leos came flying in and tried to engage me in conversation.One said as I walked away "nice day for shopping at the Mall".I replied yes it is and bid them goodday and walked on.I don't think they new how to respond to being dismissed.
I don't know whether to die laughing at the thought of fairy police flying in to check if you are having a nice day shopping, or

Commend the police for staying in bounds on the 4th Amendment.

:)

DEROS72

imported post

Again I will give them credit for not pressing the issue because there was no issue to press.Probably some bozo called and said man with a gun walking around the mall.One of my daughters best friends is an officer for that dept.I am waiting for my daughter to call and say Dad ,was that you walking around the mall today with your gun.??

DEROS72

imported post

I have been for the most part left alone and carry in any mall I need to go to_One time I was CC at the mall but part of the barrel was sticking out from under my coat.The Fed.Way officer that patrols that mall noticed it.All he said was .Do you have a CPL.I responded that I did.He said Ok have a nice day.So any time this particular offcer see's me shopping there He just waves and smiles and nothing is said.

Another occasion a while back I was coming out of the mall and litterally bumped into 2 leos talking outside.They looked at me and asked what I carried because neither of them had ever see a Tanfaglio Witness.So we traded shooting stories for a sec and I went on my way.They didn't even ask a name.They have there for the most part been very good in dicerning that I am not the bad guy.I will be co-operative if asked politely but this last incident it was that they just started off trying to get in my face and force me into a conversation.So I just pushed past them and bid them good day so to speak,and went on about my business.

If they instead of trying to be pushy and just maybe said sir could we have a word I would have been happy to talk.But don't try to block me in and force a conversation.I have in the past had some good converstions with Leo'sand find most at this point are with us . And I absolutley do not try to create a confrontation but I can understand if they get a freaked liberal anti MWAG call and have to take a look.But don't treat me like the bad guy....