Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're doing it wrong!

Post imported post

This is definitely a good method to damage your muscles, elbow, and structure.

I'm just waiting for a news story, "immature adult tries to shoot gun upside down, kills self." Yes, Death the Kid which is holding the gun actually fires said guns exactly how he is holding them in the pictures. Looking at how I've seen people in the gun range do movie poses, I'm nauseated at fact there will be someone trying to fire the guns like in said pictures below.

Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Banned

Post imported post

*facepalm*

Post imported post

Are you saying there is a guy who really shoots like that? What are people thinking?

When I bought my first pistol a young fella came in with a friend dressed "punk" and asked to see a glock 17. The salesman handed it over and the guy pointed it towards the back of the store held sideways. The salesman immediately demanded the pistol back and threw him out of the store.

Post imported post

homeboy "sytes" ahahahhaha

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

While it does seem stupid, and the regular sight would not work properly, holding a handgun upside down might actually make the recoil more manageable.

I did see a movie once where someone first a handgun upside down, but I can't remember the name of the flick. Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down.

Frankly, I hope anyone I have to square off against wants to shoot this way. Darwinism in action.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    While it does seem stupid, and the regular sight would not work properly, holding a handgun upside down might actually make the recoil more manageable.

I did see a movie once where someone first a handgun upside down, but I can't remember the name of the flick. Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down.

Frankly, I hope anyone I have to square off against wants to shoot this way. Darwinism in action.
    bourne identity was one

Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

The title of this topic reminds me of all of the funny "You're doing it wrong!" posters!

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

catass wrote: my god that was so tactical!!!

Post imported post

r6-rider wrote:
    There's some good **** on that DVD, it's well worth the cost of admission.

Then again, it uncomplicates the the things you guys like to over complicate :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/handg...-finger-2.html

Well... I suppose there is someone *cough* courageous enough to test it at the range. If I seen someone doing what he did I'd drive away.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Shooting upside down may be silly and inaccurate, but it's relatively easy to do safely as long as you keep a hold of the gun.

What I've been waiting for is some idiot at the range to try the shooting technique from Wanted. I can just imagine a guy trying to swing his handgun fromright to leftand fire in the middle in order to add a little english to the bullet. :?

Post imported post

After thinking about dual guns, a movie actually comes to mind which has a character resembling Death the Kid's attitude.

(My favorite scene from the movie, puppy gunfight scene)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcTft47wsDg

(Pistol whipping scene)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goO-a_FaQfo

(final gun fight scene)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeHrq_Fs1vk

(large part of the ending, there is a scene with him and the guards)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbP2djP0h5g

The movie is called Equilibrium

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    r6-rider wrote:
    There's some good @#$% on that DVD, it's well worth the cost of admission.

Then again, it uncomplicates the the things you guys like to over complicate :P
    haha i know im sure there is i just like talkin **** once in a while

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Firing pistols while holding them in unusual ways in the movies is easy, when shooting blanks. There's little or no recoil when firing blanks.

There's no way I'd try firing my .45 SA upside down. It's a handfull to hold on to when it goes off, even with the cowboy rounds. I tried fanning it once and that didn't work out so well.

They do allot of unrealistic stuff in the movies. Like, firing a LAW from inside a utility van (0ne of the "Dirty Harry" flicks). You never want to fire a LAW indoors, the backblast from the back of the tube is horrendous and would have destroyed the van.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down
    No, he did not shoot upside-down. He handed his guns to Marshal White but-end first, then swung them around to shoot, normal style. Eastwood did a similar trick in 'Outlaw Josey Wales'.

Post imported post

Hello? It's a CARTOON!!

Do you complain about the way Fred Flintstone starts his car too?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

uh oh, you called it a cartoon.. its called anime ;3

My age group watches anime a great deal, the people in the 20s who make up much of the gun culture. Who do you think they'll try to imitate at the gun range. I've seen plenty of gang shoots in anime before as well.

Your complaint is invalid sir.

Banned

Post imported post

Please stop posting new threads like this, and making posts like that. You make me VERY embarrassed to be in my 20s and a fan of anything you even tangentially enjoy. If I could somehow separate myself even further from you, so far as altering space-time to be born in a different era where I wouldn't even know you exist, I would happily do it.

You are a terrible stereotype, and a major reason why nobody takes our generation seriously. You are a weeaboo. Go back to 4chan/ADTRW.

Post imported post

You're welcomed to be embarrassed Aran, as you probably are on something awful all the time, of which I've no interest in even reading.

You have no idea what a 20s stereotype is however, you're blinded by ignorance.

Now, as for the gun poses, yes I have seen people go the movie poses just for "fun", and if you read one of my replies earlier, it seems an older gentleman has shot his gun upside down "just because".

You might be embarrassed, but there is much truth in what I say and topics I start which are like this one.

Post imported post

I think this comes down to people being unable to separate reality from fiction.

Nothing says you can't shoot a firearm with your pinkie, but chances are you won't be able to hit a thing. Well, except dirt.

Although the ironic thing is the "side shooting" favored by "gangstas" actually does have a basis in reality. Supposedly it traces back to the 1920s and 1930s in China with the Mauser Broomhandle pistol; the gun ejects cases upwards, and some models were automatic. By tilting it sideways, it became possible to sweep a room and let the recoil do the aiming work for you.

Whether that's myth or fact, it does have some basing in reality. Fiction is about the cool factor, regardless of whether or not it's possible.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was always and still am a big fan of the WBRoadrunner and Coyote cartoons. That was some good action stuff in it's day. But even as a kid I knew the difference between fantasy and reality.

Ever since those days I've critiqued movies for realism and realistic effects. Most action flicks go overboard for the sake of spectacular appeal.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Ever since those days I've critiqued movies for realism and realistic effects. Most action flicks go overboard for the sake of spectacular appeal.
    You must mean like Shoot em' Up :| Who kills someone with a carrot.

Post imported post

Near as I can tell, the kid has 8 fingers. Anyone with 8 fingers should develop their own style. Nobody I know of is qualified to offer them technique tips. :P

Post imported post

how do you see 8 fingers? >.> In the first picture his thumbs are under his hands, you can see them. >.>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast