• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You're doing it wrong!

david.ross

imported post

This is definitely a good method to damage your muscles, elbow, and structure.

I'm just waiting for a news story, "immature adult tries to shoot gun upside down, kills self." Yes, Death the Kid which is holding the gun actually fires said guns exactly how he is holding them in the pictures. Looking at how I've seen people in the gun range do movie poses, I'm nauseated at fact there will be someone trying to fire the guns like in said pictures below.

souljn1.jpg

soul-eater-03_death-the-kidavi_001167042.jpg

YllwFvr

imported post

Are you saying there is a guy who really shoots like that? :uhoh:What are people thinking?

When I bought my first pistol a young fella came in with a friend dressed "punk" and asked to see a glock 17. The salesman handed it over and the guy pointed it towards the back of the store held sideways. The salesman immediately demanded the pistol back and threw him out of the store.

sideways_gun_sight.jpg

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

While it does seem stupid, and the regular sight would not work properly, holding a handgun upside down might actually make the recoil more manageable.

I did see a movie once where someone first a handgun upside down, but I can't remember the name of the flick. Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down.

Frankly, I hope anyone I have to square off against wants to shoot this way. Darwinism in action.

r6-rider

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
While it does seem stupid, and the regular sight would not work properly, holding a handgun upside down might actually make the recoil more manageable.

I did see a movie once where someone first a handgun upside down, but I can't remember the name of the flick. Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down.

Frankly, I hope anyone I have to square off against wants to shoot this way. Darwinism in action.
bourne identity was one

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Shooting upside down may be silly and inaccurate, but it's relatively easy to do safely as long as you keep a hold of the gun.

What I've been waiting for is some idiot at the range to try the shooting technique from Wanted. I can just imagine a guy trying to swing his handgun fromright to leftand fire in the middle in order to add a little english to the bullet. :?

david.ross

imported post

After thinking about dual guns, a movie actually comes to mind which has a character resembling Death the Kid's attitude.

(My favorite scene from the movie, puppy gunfight scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcTft47wsDg

(Pistol whipping scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goO-a_FaQfo

(final gun fight scene)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeHrq_Fs1vk

(large part of the ending, there is a scene with him and the guards)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbP2djP0h5g

The movie is called Equilibrium

r6-rider

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Firing pistols while holding them in unusual ways in the movies is easy, when shooting blanks. There's little or no recoil when firing blanks.

There's no way I'd try firing my .45 SA upside down. It's a handfull to hold on to when it goes off, even with the cowboy rounds. I tried fanning it once and that didn't work out so well.

They do allot of unrealistic stuff in the movies. Like, firing a LAW from inside a utility van (0ne of the "Dirty Harry" flicks). You never want to fire a LAW indoors, the backblast from the back of the tube is horrendous and would have destroyed the van.

AZkopper

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Also I think there is a scene in theKurt Russell film "Tombstone" where Curly Bill Brocius (played by Powers Booth) shoots the sheriff with a single action revolver held upside down
No, he did not shoot upside-down. He handed his guns to Marshal White but-end first, then swung them around to shoot, normal style. Eastwood did a similar trick in 'Outlaw Josey Wales'.

david.ross

imported post

uh oh, you called it a cartoon.. its called anime ;3

My age group watches anime a great deal, the people in the 20s who make up much of the gun culture. Who do you think they'll try to imitate at the gun range. I've seen plenty of gang shoots in anime before as well.

Your complaint is invalid sir.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Please stop posting new threads like this, and making posts like that. You make me VERY embarrassed to be in my 20s and a fan of anything you even tangentially enjoy. If I could somehow separate myself even further from you, so far as altering space-time to be born in a different era where I wouldn't even know you exist, I would happily do it.

You are a terrible stereotype, and a major reason why nobody takes our generation seriously. You are a weeaboo. Go back to 4chan/ADTRW.

david.ross

imported post

You're welcomed to be embarrassed Aran, as you probably are on something awful all the time, of which I've no interest in even reading.

You have no idea what a 20s stereotype is however, you're blinded by ignorance.

Now, as for the gun poses, yes I have seen people go the movie poses just for "fun", and if you read one of my replies earlier, it seems an older gentleman has shot his gun upside down "just because".

You might be embarrassed, but there is much truth in what I say and topics I start which are like this one.