Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUGER P95

Post imported post

anybody own a ruger p95 or ever shot one before? im lookin into buying one but am not sure if its a good buy. any personal info on the gun?

Post imported post

It's a good, solidgun. A friend of my Dad's that does shooting competitions relates them to a good workhorse in that they are dependable and get the job done. He doesn't use them in his competitions though. For the money, it's a great gun. Easy to use and maintain, very dependable and will eat any ammo I load in the mag.

Post imported post

sweet. i think imma pick me up on in a few weeks. thanks!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Ruger or Beretta are fine sidearms, if your a bit more quality orientated; look at Sig Sauer, and H&K. You can go to a range and rent sidearms to try to see what ones bop your bippy. I love Sig and Springfield arms. Whatever feels right in the hands is the one for you.

Post imported post

Love my P95. Eats anything. The 17-rd Mec-Gar mags for it rock.

Uncle Mike's kydex paddle is the only OC holster that'll fit the model w/ rail.

Post imported post

My girlfriend and I just tried a P95 at the Marksman here in Tucson on Saturday (we're shopping around for a gun for her). We both hated it because we couldn't seem to find a grip that wouldn't cause a finger or knuckle to bump the magazine release every 2-3 rounds, dropping the mag and locking the gun. Your mileage may vary but, as always with a gun purchase, try before you buy.

She also doesn't like the new HK pistol. She likes the ergos of my Taurus PT1911, but not the recoil, even though she is 4 inches taller than me and an ex-track'n'field athelete. She re-e-a-ally likes the Taurus P92. Now she's wishing the 1911 came in a 9mm that didn't cost megabucks...

Post imported post

I've never had the accidental mag-drop problem myself, but it was plaguing my wife last time at the range. So I just removed the right-side release button. Never used it anyway. It pops out pretty easy with a little screwdriver.

Post imported post

so you're sayin the Uncle Mike's kydex paddle is the only holster that fits the p95?? or are you sayin that its the only holster that fits the p95 with something attached?

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    anybody own a ruger p95 or ever shot one before? im lookin into buying one but am not sure if its a good buy. any personal info on the gun?
    Ruger pistols are good guns and a great value. They're as tough and reliable as a gun gets. I used to own one and it never failed me, even though I bought it second hand and it lokked as if it had been to hell and back.

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    so you're sayin the Uncle Mike's kydex paddle is the only holster that fits the p95?? or are you sayin that its the only holster that fits the p95 with something attached?
    There are two models of P95: those without a rail and those with a rail. Most of the molded holsters out there are for the non-rail model. If you have the rail model you're pretty much limited to the Uncle Mike's.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine open carry holster. Sturdier than Fobus. I've got the one with the thumb break, which I like. Kinda bulky, but it's OC anyway, right?

Post imported post

galco international makes oc holsters for the rail and non rail models.....

there were 6 different holsters for the p95

Post imported post

I also vouch for the Ruger. I owned a different model (P89), but it is very similar.

I put at least 10,000 rounds through it. Mostly my own loads. Not one failure in the whole time I owned it. And for the price, can't complain at all. I bought it 2nd hand, and paid under $300.

Sold it to a friend a few years back. He loves it.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    She likes the ergos of my Taurus PT1911, but not the recoil, even though she is 4 inches taller than me and an ex-track'n'field athelete.
    That's funny! My Mother was looking for a handgun, and decided to try out my collection to see if anything suited her....

Keep in mind, she's 65+, she chose my PT1911AR. Put 4 mags through it and said she wanted one. She tried everything from my Beretta .22lr, Kel-tecs, .357 revolver, a few 9mm... She wants the 1911.

Don't piss off this grandma.....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

I own and daily carry a Ruger P97DC. I absolutely love it. My first handgun, and I think it will be my only. I can't see getting rid of what works. It fires every single time no matter what ammo I'm feeding it. I've had no issues with mag release problems, etc. I can honestly say that if I ever had to use it I would have no worries because it is going to fire.

I've had thoughts of "upgrading" to a Glock, but I just can't do it.

Post imported post

i just went to my local gun store and they had a used p95 for $260. i checked it out and i thought the frame was polymer but it wasnt the plastic material, it was metal.. what version of the p95 is this??

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    i just went to my local gun store and they had a used p95 for $260. i checked it out and i thought the frame was polymer but it wasnt the plastic material, it was metal.. what version of the p95 is this??
    That couldn't be a P95 then...

Post imported post

thats what i was thinking. it didnt have the stipple grip.. i asked the guy about it but he didnt answer me, lol

Post imported post

The gun actually said P95 on it?
    The frame should be polymer, and the slide is stainless.

Post imported post

i dont recall it sayin P95 on it... and yeah i knew it had a polymer frame but this gun didnt so i thought it was a different type of P95

Post imported post

Should say P95 right on the slide:

Post imported post

usdm419 wrote:
    I own and daily carry a Ruger P97DC. I absolutely love it.
    Good to see I'm not the only one.

It's rugged as a tank.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I bought a used P95 for $175. It is a great gun! Built like a rock. I got it because it was cheap and I didn't want my son messing with my more expensive newGlocks.

I likedP95 so much I went out and got a .45auto P90. Only paid $300 for it used.

They were both filthy when I bought them. Spent a little time taking themdown and cleaningthem up and they work great! They both eat anything. I've had one FTE with the P90. Not sure of the issue,the brass got stuck in the slide mechanism and the next round didnt feed. Perhaps a light load. It was a Georgia Arms canned heat factory reload. The other499 rounds in the can were just fine. I've never had an issue with the P95. Rugers are great guns. Overbuilt and rock solid. Enjoy!

Post imported post

yeah ive heard nothing but good reviews about the rugers. im still waitin to go get mine, a little short on cash

Post imported post

the first pistol i ever owned was a ruger p95 DAO..

i never had an issue with it, i bought it in 1996 for 200.00 brand new

Post imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
    yeah ive heard nothing but good reviews about the rugers. im still waitin to go get mine, a little short on cash
    Some of the newer ones had early issues that Ruger found and corrected, but the older P-series pistols are absolutely fantastic. I can't see myself ever getting rid of mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast