• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RUGER P95

jegoodin

imported post

I bought a used P95 for $175. It is a great gun! Built like a rock. I got it because it was cheap and I didn't want my son messing with my more expensive newGlocks.

I likedP95 so much I went out and got a .45auto P90. Only paid $300 for it used.

They were both filthy when I bought them. Spent a little time taking themdown and cleaningthem up and they work great! They both eat anything. I've had one FTE with the P90. Not sure of the issue,the brass got stuck in the slide mechanism and the next round didnt feed. Perhaps a light load. It was a Georgia Arms canned heat factory reload. The other499 rounds in the can were just fine. I've never had an issue with the P95. Rugers are great guns. Overbuilt and rock solid. Enjoy!

usdm419

imported post

PYRO PSR wrote:
yeah ive heard nothing but good reviews about the rugers. im still waitin to go get mine, a little short on cash
Some of the newer ones had early issues that Ruger found and corrected, but the older P-series pistols are absolutely fantastic. I can't see myself ever getting rid of mine.

G

imported post

I've shot a P95, but I don't own one. I own a P89, good gun, never once had any problems with it.

jeremy05

imported post

I personally dont like the gun, doesnt fit well. BUT

I use to work at a gun store that rented guns out for the range, and this was a popular gun to rent. It was a TANK! We NEVER cleaned it, just to get an idea of how long it would take to start jamming up. NEVER JAMMED 8months of rentals and not a single problem.