• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ScottyT is famous!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

There is a story in the Salt Lake Tribune that mentions our ScottyT! Too bad there was no mention of the Springfield XD 45 that usually accompanies that kilt!

You will have to cut and paste the link, I use a proxy at work, and this link will not work if you just click on it.

http://www.sltrib.com/outdoors/ci_11664760?source=rv
...snip...
Salt Lake City graphic designer Scott Thompson, who hasn't worn a pair of pants since he put on his first kilt last fall, said it's the kind of thing guys have to get used to when they're wearing a MUG (that's a Men's Unbifurcated Garment, for the uninitiated.)

"It definitely takes a very particular kind of person to wear a kilt," said Thompson, who hikes, bikes and even snowshoes in his three MUGs. "And it does have a certain appeal to women."

"Chicks dig guys in skirts?" I asked. "I mean, for more than cheap thrills?"

"Oh yeah," he said. "It takes a guy who is very secure with himself -- and I think women are drawn to that kind of security."

And as an added bonus, he said, "it's the ultimate ice-breaker."

Which brings us back to that question, the one that everyone asks.

"There are a lot of good answers to that," Thompson said. "When people ask, 'what do you have under there?' I sometimes say 'freedom.' "

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:

"There are a lot of good answers to that," Thompson said. "When people ask, 'what do you have under there?' I sometimes say 'freedom.' "
Must be referring to the XD....

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

usSiR wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

Must be referring to the XD....

He does not keep his XD "under there". :p

Scott, did you name your member "Freedom"? :D