• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at a Norfolk Admirals hockey game?

Bullbuster

imported post

My wife just won a family 4 pack of tickets to an upcoming home game andI was wondering if anyone has ever OC'd to one of there games. I have yet to attend one of there games but I know its at the Scope and have been their for gun shows, concerts, and the circus.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
My wife just won a family 4 pack of tickets to an upcoming home game andI was wondering if anyone has ever OC'd to one of there games. I have yet to attend one of there games but I know its at the Scope and have been their for gun shows, concerts, and the circus.
It would appear that the City of Norfolk owns and operates the Scope.
http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/1998/March/093.htm.html

So IMO you should be good to go but would not be surprised if you draw extra attention.
Might want to check this out further for any update info regarding ownership so as to not be "Watersided."

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

possumboy wrote:
Heh, maybe you can get Dan to go with you...
Well he is free :D and the last time I saw him he had put on a little weight.:lol:

Yata hey

2a4all

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
OC to a hockey game? Sounds like a good idea to me. A fight might break out.

Did you carry enough gun to handle an out-of-control lion or elephant at the circus? :cuss:Did anyone see your gun and think you were part of the show? :what:

(It's actually their games and been there. :))

Bullbuster

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
It would appear that the City of Norfolk owns and operates the Scope.
2a4all wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
OC to a hockey game? Sounds like a good idea to me. A fight might break out.

Did you carry enough gun to handle an out-of-control lion or elephant at the circus? :cuss:Did anyone see your gun and think you were part of the show? :what:

(It's actually their games and been there. :))

The fights are the best part of the game aside from a cold beer if thats your fancy.

Never said I OC to the circus but rather I had been to the scope with my kids to see it. Should have and then walked right up to them PETA fruit cakes and asked them to sign my autograph hunting and fishing licenses.

spells check don't pick that bad grammers likes thats up.

Chkultr

imported post

They search purses at the door. No metal detectors or wands either. Quite a few NPD walking around at the game! Nothing says no weapons on the door. I would put a ton of money on it that they will not let you through that door OC'n.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
They search purses at the door. No metal detectors or wands either. Quite a few NPD walking around at the game! Nothing says no weapons on the door. I would put a ton of money on it that they will not let you through that door OC'n.
Sounds like a civil case waiting to happen. Norfolk is way behind in the learning curve.

Yata hey

paramedic70002

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
Our family went there for another event last year, both adults CCing. Guy at door insists on searching wife's purse. I ask why. He says for illegal items. OK whatever. Dude completely overlooked (or maybe not?) spare mag for wife's HK USP 40. Guess he figured no booze so we must be OK...

Chkultr

imported post

Signs on the door state no food, drink or smoking! I have not seen a no firearms sign any where. The entrances on top or the one from the ticket counter...

IMHO I would not try and OC at the Admiral's Game! If someone does please let us know how that goes!

They are ready to check the bags at the door. I think the illegal items would be the food. Y'all tell me.

TFred

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Well crud I can figure out how to separate it all and have it work. Forgive me in my lack of expertise in editing.
Don't feel bad, this is the worst bulletin board software I've ever seen. I don't mean to complain, especially since it's free for the users, but I sure hope that Mike and John didn't pay anything for it.

Especially when it comes to quoting multiple nested quotes, it can be impossible to get right once it gets out of whack. Many times I've abandoned a reply and just started over again from scratch.

It also has a lot of trouble with links. Once you embed a link, it is impossible to fix. Any attempt to correct a link only fixes the text, not the link itself. The only solution I've found is to delete the whole link, and add it in again from scratch.

TFred

TFred

imported post

Back to the topic at hand, if the arena is indeed owned by the city, then as we just confirmed (yet once again), it would be quite illegal for them to ban firearms, and any sign saying so would be invalid.

The anti-gunners hate it when you say stuff like this, but hey, anyone looking for a payoff? ;)

TFred

Bullbuster

imported post

TFred wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, if the arena is indeed owned by the city, then as we just confirmed (yet once again), it would be quite illegal for them to ban firearms, and any sign saying so would be invalid.

The anti-gunners hate it when you say stuff like this, but hey, anyone looking for a payoff? ;)

TFred

The reason they hate it is because it doesn't conform to the way they want things. If its legal make it illegal.

Jason Rogers

imported post

if you have a laser on your pistol this may be a consideration :):

http://www.sevenvenues.com/about/visitor_info/scope

LASER POINTERS
Laser pointers are not permitted in Norfolk Scope.

From the same page:

PROHIBITED ITEMS
Norfolk Scope does not allow laser pointers, noisemakers, fireworks, inflatable items, large parcels, outside food/beverage or weapons in the arena.

RESTRICTIONS
In the interest of guest safety and enjoyment, Norfolk Scope reserves the right to prevent certain items from being carried into the arena. These include, but are not limited to things which can be used as dangerous projectiles. Similarly, other items that may jeopardize the safety or viewing/listening enjoyment of other guests may be prohibited.

the Scope has a permit todispense beer for on premis consumption so open carry is the only legaloption.-Jay

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Jason Rogers wrote:
if you have a laser on your pistol this may be a consideration :):

http://www.sevenvenues.com/about/visitor_info/scope

LASER POINTERS
Laser pointers are not permitted in Norfolk Scope.

From the same page:

PROHIBITED ITEMS
Norfolk Scope does not allow laser pointers, noisemakers, fireworks, inflatable items, large parcels, outside food/beverage or weapons in the arena.

RESTRICTIONS
In the interest of guest safety and enjoyment, Norfolk Scope reserves the right to prevent certain items from being carried into the arena. These include, but are not limited to things which can be used as dangerous projectiles. Similarly, other items that may jeopardize the safety or viewing/listening enjoyment of other guests may be prohibited.

the Scope has a permit todispense beer for on premise consumption so open carry is the only legaloption.-Jay
Good find.

Lets see if I've got this right - City of Norfolk owns the Scope, state preemption still valid, City of Norfolk keeps rule against weapons (includes guns) on books.

While I would argue that my laser sights are not "laser pointers" in this case I would probably defer and carry old fashion open irons so as not to cloud the issue.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Jason Rogers wrote:
the Scope has a permit todispense beer for on premis consumption so open carry is the only legaloption.-Jay

I couldnt find the Scope listed in the ABC license search. I think that they may not qualify as a bar or restaurant and that CC may be ok. Does the beer selling occur in a restaurant area or is it for the seating area?

Jason Rogers

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Jason Rogers wrote:

I couldnt find the Scope listed in the ABC license search. I think that they may not qualify as a bar or restaurant and that CC may be ok. Does the beer selling occur in a restaurant area or is it for the seating area?
I'm busted. I assumed the permit. I have never been and I do not know if the Scope has the guys walking around with the beer trays or if you get the beer from a stand. But in either case I would be suprised if you could not drink the beer in your seat. For all I knowthere may be no beer at the Scope. I have never been to any arena that did not though.-Jay