Thread: Experience with a Galco Yaqui or Tucker Compact Pancake?

Post imported post

I plan on purchasing a compact holster for the occasional times I'd like to OC a Kimber Custom CDP II (5" barrel). Right now I'm looking at the Galco Yaqui Slide and Tucker Compact Pancake. I'm drawn to the aesthetics of the Yaqui, but think the Tucker may carry more comfortably & securely. I'd appreciate feedback from anybody who has used one of these models, or a similar one, for that matter. Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

Can't speak for the Yaqui slide, but I do have the Yaqui paddle for my Glock 21 & 30.

I like the Yaqui, but it rides higher than I prefer, giving the loaded holster a top-heavy and (precieved) unbalanced feel.

Post imported post

Thanks for the feedback. Part of my draw to the Yaqui Slide is that it appears to sit slightly lower by attaching to the belt rather than over it (like the paddle). My CDP has a steel slide & aluminum frame, so I think its unlikely to feel top heavy, but I'm still not sure how stable and secure the yaqui slide is... hopefully some else has input. Thanks again.