• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experience with a Galco Yaqui or Tucker Compact Pancake?

cbpeck

imported post

I plan on purchasing a compact holster for the occasional times I'd like to OC a Kimber Custom CDP II (5" barrel). Right now I'm looking at the Galco Yaqui Slide and Tucker Compact Pancake. I'm drawn to the aesthetics of the Yaqui, but think the Tucker may carry more comfortably & securely. I'd appreciate feedback from anybody who has used one of these models, or a similar one, for that matter. Thanks in advance.

AZkopper

imported post

Can't speak for the Yaqui slide, but I do have the Yaqui paddle for my Glock 21 & 30.

I like the Yaqui, but it rides higher than I prefer, giving the loaded holster a top-heavy and (precieved) unbalanced feel.

cbpeck

imported post

Thanks for the feedback. Part of my draw to the Yaqui Slide is that it appears to sit slightly lower by attaching to the belt rather than over it (like the paddle). My CDP has a steel slide & aluminum frame, so I think its unlikely to feel top heavy, but I'm still not sure how stable and secure the yaqui slide is... hopefully some else has input. Thanks again.