Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New Here

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    Hey ya'll been cruising around here since probaly september finally decided to post here i've ocing off and on since then when i found out that the things i've been told like princewilliam doesn't allow oc aren't true but I usually oc all around the woodbridge and stafford area thanks for all the info i have got from this site and i look forward to going to a oc lunch or dinner wife and I were going to try to make it to the one on friday out in bristow but got busy







    SEMPER FI

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    Welcome to the forum. Look around a bit You will find a lot of info. Don't forget to read in the "Open Carry Brigade" section. a lot of stuff gets put there that applies to all of the states.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Welcome aboard! Hope you learn and offer much. A suggestion. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and sentence structure. It helps greatly in understanding your posts.

    Once again, welcome and enjoy!

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Welcome to OCDO!

  5. #5
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Post imported post

    Welcome
    :celebrate
    :celebrate
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    Welcome and thanks for your service!

  7. #7
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    Welcome!


    Please let me know if I can help you with any firearms training needs. Enjoy your stay!

    Jim


    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    Wow, talk about a run-on sentence.

    Welcome!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Angelo, Texas, USA
    Posts
    301

    Post imported post

    hunter45 wrote:
    Wow, talk about a run-on sentence.

    Welcome!
    haha.. wasnt even a period at the end. I guess i could make a jarhead joke, but i will take the high road.

    Welcome to OCDO!:celebrate

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    sorry I get to writing and forget to add those things. Guess I should have paid more attention to the english teachers back in highschool. I have one quickquestion, is there any good places around the woodbridge area to get the classes fora CHP? My wife has been looking and she was thinkin about just doing the online class since i can teach her how to use a firearm safely but I would prefer her to go out andtake the class.The nearest one we have found is greentops down in fredericksburg. Thanks for tthe help.











    Semper Fi

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    gotsig wrote:
    sorry I get to writing and forget to add those things.
    Guess I should have paid more attention to the english teachers back in highschool. I have one quickquestion, is there any good places around the woodbridge area to get the classes fora CHP? My wife has been looking and she was thinkin about just doing the online class since i can teach her how to use a firearm safely but I would prefer her to go out andtake the class.The nearest one we have found is greentops down in fredericksburg. Thanks for tthe help.

    Semper Fi
    Check out www.4permits.com (4permits@4permits.com). Pourshot (posts here) offers classes in the Stafford area.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  12. #12
    Lone Star Veteran Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Reston, VA, , USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Welcome to OCDO
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    Just got back from VA Arms where I picked up a nice Sig P245. They by far are the friendliest gun store I have been to,unlike back home where they just kinda rush and through everything so they can get your money quicker. I only wish I would have found them sooner would have saved me around $100 or so.









    Semper Fi

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    gotsig wrote:
    Just got back from VA Arms where I picked up a nice Sig P245. They by far are the friendliest gun store I have been to,unlike back home where they just kinda rush and through everything so they can get your money quicker. I only wish I would have found them sooner would have saved me around $100 or so.









    Semper Fi
    You won't find many quips about VA Arms around there. Bernie (the owner) runs a great shop.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Islamabad, Pakistan
    Posts
    621

    Post imported post

    Pourshot,on this board, 4Permits@gmail.com, or hiswebsite, lives in Stafford, is an NRA trainer.

    Paul at THE RANGE in Stafford trained my wife for her CHP.

    A fellow name of Bill Clark is another instructor who may be closer to you. He just did a class at Big Daddy Leather in Fredericksburg. I am told this is his website, http://www.discovershooting.net/

    If you can't get ahold of him via his web site, you might check with Doug at Big Daddy Leather.


    Oh yeah, forgot to add....Semper Fiddlesticks....

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    Pourshot,on this board, 4Permits@gmail.com, or hiswebsite, lives in Stafford, is an NRA trainer.

    Paul at THE RANGE in Stafford trained my wife for her CHP.

    A fellow name of Bill Clark is another instructor who may be closer to you. He just did a class at Big Daddy Leather in Fredericksburg. I am told this is his website, http://www.discovershooting.net/

    If you can't get ahold of him via his web site, you might check with Doug at Big Daddy Leather.


    Oh yeah, forgot to add....Semper Fiddlesticks....
    Bill Clark is in the Fairfax area, but will travel if there's a need. His e-mail is learn2shoot@discovershooting.net
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  17. #17
    Regular Member richarcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,182

    Post imported post

    hsmith wrote:
    gotsig wrote:
    Just got back from VA Arms where I picked up a nice Sig P245. They by far are the friendliest gun store I have been to,unlike back home where they just kinda rush and through everything so they can get your money quicker. I only wish I would have found them sooner would have saved me around $100 or so.









    Semper Fi
    You won't find many quips about VA Arms around there. Bernie (the owner) runs a great shop.
    I really like VA Arms as well. Not that there are a plethora or anything but I would have to say that they are my favorite shop. The selection, service and price all seem to be pretty good. I bought my last gun from there.

  18. #18
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    gotsig wrote:
    sorry I get to writing and forget to add those things. Guess I should have paid more attention to the english teachers back in highschool. I have one quickquestion, is there any good places around the woodbridge area to get the classes fora CHP? My wife has been looking and she was thinkin about just doing the online class since i can teach her how to use a firearm safely but I would prefer her to go out andtake the class.The nearest one we have found is greentops down in fredericksburg. Thanks for tthe help.


    Semper Fi
    If you want to come down to the Ashland/Richmond area, we'd be happy to assist you and your wife.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •