• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying revolvers or autoloaders and why

Do you carry a revolver or an autoloader?

• Revolver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auto loader

• I have both and switch it up.

• Total voters

dirtrooster

imported post

When the shit hits the fan youve got mor e to worrky about than your piece. Keep It Simple Stupit. a revovler lets see draw out of holster point in direction of bad guy and pull trigger. a semi draw out of holster lets see im a cocked and locked or carrieying empty chamber. jack new roound into chamber old one hits floor well that anslwers that. point and shoot, oh damn missfire muslt not of polished that ramp cood enough. good think i got 16 rounds. that guy with the 5 round revolver is taking us out one at at time.:celebrate

ballester

imported post

i have a small .22 caliber revolver but that is mybathroom gun..nothing like getting caught with your pants down in more then one way!!! ive carried it a few times just because i was going somewhere where nobody needed to know i have a gun at all...and it had better ballistics then the small .25 auto i usually carry on my ankle...i carried a rossi 351 in 38spl for a few months and it did its job just fine..its just after carrying semi autos most of the time i felt undergunned and i could never find a decent speedloader i felt was fast enough for me to use right...so i stick with auto's....the small .22 only comes out say when im going to a job interview and i want some firepower but cant at all be detected....on occasion ive been know to have the .22 on one ankle and the .25 on the other...just in case i run into a big rat i suppose:dude:....one day ill have enough money to get a decent revolver again..the misses really wants a 38spl...sounds like a good enough reason to me to splurge on one...:lol:

FogRider

imported post

dirtrooster wrote:
When the @#$% hits the fan youve got mor e to worrky about than your piece. Keep It Simple Stupit. a revovler lets see draw out of holster point in direction of bad guy and pull trigger. a semi draw out of holster lets see im a cocked and locked or carrieying empty chamber. jack new roound into chamber old one hits floor well that anslwers that. point and shoot, oh damn missfire muslt not of polished that ramp cood enough. good think i got 16 rounds. that guy with the 5 round revolver is taking us out one at at time.:celebrate
There's been more than one instance of revos failing.

old dog

imported post

My primary carry piece is a Smith 411 (.40) though I love my compact Kimber and of course a J-frame is perfect for some occasions. Hope this answers your question.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I just bought my S&W airweight! I love this little BUG. It is now part of my every day carry. I keep it in one pocket and anything else I'm carrying in a strongside holster.