• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new gun

elvis

imported post

looking at new guns thinking about a taurus 24/7-oss-ds40 or a smith 4003tsw both 40 cal which one would you pick? why?

shad0wfax

imported post

elvis wrote:
looking at new guns thinking about a taurus 24/7-oss-ds40 or a smith 4003tsw both 40 cal which one would you pick? why?

Try to find a way to shoot each of them before you decide between the two. Buy the one that you can shoot more consistently and comfortably with. Also consider holster availability before you make your decision. Make sure the holster you prefer to carry will work with your gunbefore you buy the gun. There's nothing worse than having a great gun and not having the holster you like to use available.

I've read several good reviews on the Taurus 24/7 OSS and I've also shot one. (The one I shot was chambered for .45 ACP, not the .40 S&W like you're planning ongetting.)I likedthe Taurus; it wascomfortable, itshot well and it fit my hands well. My USP is slightly more accurate, but the Taurus was definitely an accurate pistol.

I have no trigger-time on the S&W 4003 TSW, but S&W has been working hard to get their reputation in autos equal to the reputation of their revolvers.

You get more capacity with the Taurus in a slightly lighter but slightly larger frame. Both have comparable sights and have tactical rails. The two are priced within $75 of eachother if you shop around, with the Taurus being slightly more costly.