• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonder if we could get a sticky about MO Open Carry

HYRYSC

imported post

So far, I have documentation from Dallas County Sheriff that open carry is legal (even though not advised because sheeple might panic).

Just thinking that we could have one post of where OC is practiced for all to view.

gunman

imported post

Thats a great idea.if everybody could find out in there city if open carry is legal or not and post it in one place then we would all know where we can carry or not.

Reverend BCal

imported post

What kind of documentation did you receive? Pamphlet, printed statute, letter from Sheriff, signed note from mom? The smartest thing I've seen people do is carry that info (hardcopy, legit) on their person to produce upon LEO harrassment.

Gunman, not sure what you were gonna say, but St. Joseph IS a legal open carry, and despite my desire to test the law, I'm still living in Delaware (FRIENDLY open carry state!) and haven't gotten the chance. But others have, and there are the typical no-no spots, i.e. East Hills (over-zealous mall cop), Wal-Mart/Sam's Club (over-zealous ghost of Sam Walton), and a handful of places, but they're all private property, and they have the right, obviously. Just smile, and secretly hope something terrible makes them wish they'd kicked you out a little later!

VERDICT: St. Joe is on the list!

(not sure of anywhere else in Buchanan County, though. Maybe giving the Sheriff a ring could do some good.)

Reverend BCal

imported post

BTW, someone with a little more time on their hands than myself should jumpstart a directthread listing all known cities/counties. I added my 3 cents just so someone else could use it to compile a list of their own! Make it known! Great idea HYRYSC!

HYRYSC

imported post

It was an email (I posted the response on other thread). I did print it off and will also be getting additional confirmation through the prosecuting attorney for added clarification.