• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Pro-Football Player Arrested on Trumped Up Gun Charge

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/580549.html

CULVER CITY, Calif. — Authorities say Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested in Southern California on a weapons possession charge.

Culver City police said in a statement Sunday that Lynch was arrested after officers confronted him and two other men in a car and found a loaded firearm in the vehicle.

Lynch was arrested Wednesday for possession of a concealed firearm after officers determined the gun belonged to him. He was released that night on $35,000 bail.

Culver City police did not immediately return a phone message seeking information about why officers first confronted Lynch and his companions.

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic accident and was in California visiting friends.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Would you believe felony gun possesion with a $35,000.00 bond? What the hell is wrong with this country?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On the one hand, most of the gun laws are pretty stupid and have much more effect on law abiding citizens than on the bad guys. On the other hand, the law in CA is that you can't drive around with a concealed loaded firearm in your car. If he was worried about security, I have no doubts that he could have hired a bodyguard for his visit. If he doesn't like the law, he can put up his money and time to help one or more of the pro-2A groups in CA. Until then, he, like us, needs to follow the law or suffer the consequences.

Decoligny

imported post

If he did indeed have a loaded concealed handgun in his car (only the cops and Lynch know for sure), how exactly are the charges "Trumped Up"?

Or is every single arrest made by LEO concerning guns "Trumped Up"?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
If he did indeed have a loaded concealed handgun in his car (only the cops and Lynch know for sure), how exactly are the charges "Trumped Up"?

How about a felony arrest? How about $35,000.00 bond? There's your trumped up. He got arrested for something I do lawfullyevery day unless I'm at work.

I don't carry when I'm at work.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

How about a felony arrest? How about $35,000.00 bond? There's your trumped up. He got arrested for something I do lawfullyevery day unless I'm at work.

I don't carry when I'm at work.
Ou don't live and work in the Soviet Republic of Kalifornya, either.

grumpycoconut

imported post

35K is pretty normal bail for most non-violentfeloniesin CA. It also doesn't mean that you have to cough up all 35K. A bail bondsman will take your $3500 (10%)fee and post your bond.

As for the trumped up part, all Kalifornia cops have been advised that if they can arrest any NFL player they can earn points toward special prizes. The following is the points schedule.

Drugs = 5 points

Domestic violence (non-lethal) = 10 points

Regular violence (non-lethal) = 7 points

Gun possession = 5 points

Sex crimes = 15 points

Alcohol = 1 point

Any incident involving a quarter back = multiply points x 3

Any incident happening in conjuction with rapper interaction = multiply points x 1.5

Any incident resulting in a "really good" perp walk = multiply points x 1.75