Thread: Need help finding article

Post imported post

A few years back a State Trooper drove out of his driveway and left a bag with his gun in it on the roof or trunk of his car. A neighbor found the bag and called it in. I am almost certain this happened somewhere in Litchfield County. I have searched hi and low and can't find any info on the internet. Can anyone help?

Post imported post

Senior police officer drives off with gun and badge on roof
    A senior US police officer lost his police badge and gun after leaving them on his car roof and driving off.
    Police Lieutenant Colonel Edward Lynch from Connecticut says he was planning to put them in his boot.
    His phone rang as he was packing his car and after he'd finished the call he forgot about them.
    He says he did remember to tie up his dog before driving away.
    A delivery worker found the cloth bag with the gun and badge inside down the street from his home in Burlington. He wasn't at home, so the worker called police and handed it over to officers.
    Lieutenant Colonel Lynch told the Hartford Courant: "I don't take this lightly. I'm as fallible as the next person. I can make a mistake."
    He's asked for a higher-ranking commanding officer to conduct an inquiry. He's also apologised to public safety officials for the lapse.
    The state police union says other officers have made the same mistake and have received only a verbal warning in most cases.

Post imported post

Ithink this is what your looking for Steve

Post imported post

Oh, well, at least he remembered to tie the dog up... Gotta give props to him for that... Seriously though, I know we are human and he made a mistake but if it was you or I here in good ole CT, goodbye permit, for good!

Post imported post

Thanks. That was the article I remember seeing. I googled it as many ways as I could and wasn't able to find it.