Thread: Why I Carry a Gun

Post imported post

I got this email today and thought the whole thing made a lot of sense!! I agree with every one of these!

WHY I CARRY A GUN

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in everyman's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin'caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take awhoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keepfrom being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun becausesometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gunbecause there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun becauseI have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carrya gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun sothat I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myselffor failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. Icarry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in mybed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gunbecause, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry agun because men know how to take care of themselves and theones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry agun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I aminadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gunbecause I love life and the people who make it meaningful tome.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens mustprotect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime;they usually just investigate the crime after it happens andthen call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die andtoo old to take a whoopin'.

In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

I carry a gun, because cops are too big and fat to carry around in my back pocket.

Besides, they like Krispy Kream Donuts and will get my pockets all sticky.

Personally I carry a gun, because when seconds count 911 brings cops that are minuts away.

Post imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
    Personally I carry a gun, because when seconds count 911 brings cops that are minuts away.
    So very true!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

Cuz they Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Cuz trouble never makes an appointment.

Post imported post

I carry a gun because my life is worth protecting