• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ft. Lewis Pistol & Rifle Range

dlnwoody

imported post

david.car,

Not sure if your military or not. If you are call LE and ask if they open the range on base. I know some bases open the military range on the weekends.

amlevin

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Kildars wrote:
I mainly go to Bullseye in Tacoma. Is that a good range? Is it expensive? are there any other good ones in the area? It's kind of annoying pay $5 if you bring your own ammo + $7.50 range fee.
$12.50 per range visit is a lot better than what most private ranges charge.
Also, no indoor range offers distances over 25 yards, indoor ranges often restrict rifles to 7.62x39 or smaller (if they allow rifles at all). Not all ourdoor ranges offer distances up to 300yards.

bugly

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
It would be a good thing if someone were able to give directions to range 15 that do not include going onto Ft. Lewis property.

I-5 to HWY 512 (South of Tacoma). Head East on Hwy 512 (1.8mi) to the Pacific Ave exit. Head South on Pacific Ave to the Roy Y split (HWY 507 / 5.1mi). Head South on HWY 507 for approx 4 miles to the only paved road on the right (There will be a right turn lane available) which will be the East Gate road. Go another 3-4 miles it will be on your right hand side (Range 15).
muchos gracias, m1