• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My adventures of OCing

giaking70

imported post

Well hello everyone,
I am some what of a neewbie here and thought I would let everyone enjoy my adventures of OCing. I'm doing this mainly to help those who are still considering doing this and that this is actually quite a learning experience. I want to show those who are considering jumping on the bandwagon per say, that this really is totally LEGAL to do.
I don't do this to go out in public and show off my gun, I think most people nowadays who are educated in guns know what a Glock looks like. Well, today or rather this morning, I went grocery shopping at Vons over here in El Cajon on Avocado and Chase. While I was in there, an older gentleman comes walking by me and says " All loaded up and ready eh". I looked at him and said "I sure am but not loaded". He looked at me funny and then asks "Then why carry it if its not loaded". I politely told him "If my weapon were loaded, I would be committing a felony, therefore, my weapon is not loaded" and then proceeded to inform him about California's Open Carry Law. He then says to me "You mean you're not Law Enforcement" I politely told him "No sir, I am a law abiding citizen just expressing my free and god given right to bear arm and to protect myself".
So, after saying that, he reaches into his back pocket and shows me his "Retired Arizona State Trooper" badge and gives me the run down of Arizona's Open Carry. I told him, "Well, thats what I get for living here in Communist California".
Mind you, I am wearing my "PD Blues" pant uniform, white t-shirt and Magnum Boots, so this guy really spotted me out as being LEO. He definitely said I looked it. We talked for a little bit longer, shared a few war stories and we parted ways.
Well, after that, I went over to the Walmart at Parkway Plaza to look for a shoulder strap for my duffle bag as mine finally gave way and broke. As usual, this mall caters to the wannabee gangbangers like most of the Westfield Malls do. I was walking through the mall and a group of mixed BMA's HMA's and WMA's were standing around trying to be cool, talking their smack. One of them see's me coming and was trying to be all cool in front of his friends and asks me "Yo man, what kinda pistol is that". I kindly and politely responded saying" A real one" and his friends were doing the "Ooooh" and "Doooh" talking and laughing at him.
Walmart didn't have what I was looking for so I headed home and got the rest of my work "gear" and headed for work. Only messed up thing out it, was I didn't have my recorder like I usually do and to hear myself say that its a real one actually made me laugh.
Hope you enjoyed, have a wonderful Monday everyone....

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

A real one... haha... that's hilarious. Gangster punks, you'd be surprised at how bad they're getting these days. I live out in a little hick town out here in Colorado, and we've even got a couple of gangs and wannabe gangsters.

What is this world coming to?

If they ever ask you that question again you should say 'the kind that you have to be a MAN to carry....'

JK, but it would be pretty funny. Anyways, thanks for the story and the encouragement, keep on posting your experiences. And that's pretty cool you met a sympathetic LEO, even if he was from AZ and retired.

Good luck, and God bless!

giaking70

imported post

well good afternoon everyone,
went out and ran some errands today with my "piece" on me and had a rather odd experience at the local 7-11 here. I was buying a bottled water as the temperature outside was a tab bit warm out here where I live and thought to get something to drink.

I get up to the counter and the clerk looks at me and ask "going to work or coming from work". I politely told him neither. He then asks "Then why you packing". I told him because simply to protect myself from becoming another "number" in the system. I politely told him that it is totally legal to do what I am doing and then informed him of the Open Carry laws and what have you. There wasn't anyone in the store for a few minutes so we talked back and forth about guns and stuff of that nature.

I purchased my bottled water and went out to my car and grabbed a flyer for him to read up on and he politely declined saying "I'm not interested man". Told him no problem, if you need any information just Google search open carry California.
He then asks me "Seriously man, why are you REALLY carrying your gun...to provoke law enforcement to arrest you or what".

I almost laughed at the question because I hadn't told him that I ...ummm...well...really was arrested by law enforcement.
I told him, "Dude, people are getting robbed in grocery store parking lots, people are getting robbed at ATM machines, people are getting robbed at the malls, people are getting robbed anywhere the crooks can rob them. I am carrying my weapon as a deterrent to prevent that".

He looks at me and says "Don't you think that you are scaring people with your gun in plain view like that". I said "No, because if anyone is to blame them for being scared about a gun 'in plain view', blame Hollywood and the liberals and the media for giving the impression that weapons kill people. I then told him "I would rather the mom pushing her baby stroller be scared of seeing my gun in plain view at the mall, knowing that if someone else starts shooting the mall up and I am there next to her, I am protecting her and her child with my weapon AND ammunition close at hand, and when the whole situation is over with, she would go home knowing there was someone there trying to protect her and her baby".

The clerk looked at me shaking his head going "Geez". I told him that its reality and that could very well happy one of this days at anytime, anywhere and told him I would rather carry my weapon and have nothing happen, then to have something happen and NOT have my weapon protecting myself. I bid the clerk good day and off I went. But before I got out the door, he says "Hey man, I'm not against it, I have guns at home too, its just not my cup of tea and I think its cool you're standing up for yourself". I just smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

I say odd experience because since I have started OCing I have not had the real chance to really tell someone who was questioning my "intent" of carrying my weapon in this fashion. Only person I got into a real debate about was the LEO who arrested me last week. Anyways, nothing else thus far for the day, am home now and just gonna chill for a bit...take care everyone, see ya'll at the meet up tomorrow...:)