Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fantastic OC experience

Post imported post

My wife and I had a fantastic OC experience. After meeting the owner of the restaurant on this forum, we decided to go out for dinner Friday night. The place was packed with customers and after a taste of the great food and atmosphere it was no surprise. We kept pretty much to the Greek part of the menu and next time plan on visiting the Italian side. If there are any Lamb connoisseur's out there, this is your place! Meeting the owner was just another highlight. He struck me as an intelligent gentleman whose traditional values seem to coincide with my own. Dino's Greek and Italian Cuisine in Des Moines will be seeing a lot more of us. As an added bonus, 15% was deducted from our bill just for OC'ing. Thanks Dev!

I think agroup get together is in order.....

Post imported post

Nice. I live on Kent's east hill, so I might have to go try that place.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

You are Welcome Lootershooter I am holding your real name incase you dont like it but I am fine . Anyways it was great talking with you too; as I mentioned that day I am just doing this to promote OC as much as I can. SpyderTattoo and other OC's are always welcome I would be glad to know all of you in person .

Post imported post

We should do a get together there

Post imported post

Kildars wrote:
    We should do a get together there
    We're planning on making a repeat appearance this Friday night if you're interested.

Post imported post

I will deffinately try this place.Can you put up the address so I can mapquest it.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I will deffinately try this place.Can you put up the address so I can mapquest it.
    Dino's Greek & Italian Cuisine

17642 1st Ave S
    Burien, WA 98148
    (206) 246-1332

It's across the street from Dunn Lumber.

Post imported post

I know where that is.Thanks.What is their pricing as I am on a retirement budget.But will plan to have dinner there asap.Also I agree with a meet there that would be awsome.Better after the first though....

Post imported post

Since you've kind of outed yourself here, Manu, I take it you don't mind being put on the Pro-Gun Businesses List now, eh?
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Since you've kind of outed yourself here, Manu, I take it you don't mind being put on the Pro-Gun Businesses List now, eh?
    We felt the pricing was very reasonable. Especially considering the quality of the food. Subtract from that the 15% and you're talking a real deal.

Post imported post

Never heard of the "Carry a gun - get a discount!" motto. lol

Post imported post

Neither have I, but I like it!

Post imported post

Kildars wrote:
    Never heard of the "Carry a gun - get a discount!" motto. lol
    Dont you think Kildars, vandals that everyone of us should be doing little this or little that to promote what we think and know is our right? So I am trying to do little part of mine to make it more popular for other citzens arround us, more they know about our OC right less problems we will run into due to so called "Panicked customer 911 calls...". Just a car I am all fine with that, as long as we are within ethics of this forum.

Post imported post

Added to the Pro-Gun Biz List.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was thinking of taking the wike out for dinner on Friday. Now it will be a sure thing.

Mike

Post imported post

irfner wrote:
    I was thinking of taking the wike out for dinner on Friday. Now it will be a sure thing.

Mike
    I am assuming you mean Wife , I hope she is not reading this post .

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    irfner wrote:

Mike
    I am assuming you mean Wife , I hope she is not reading this post .
    When I first read that I thought the man was in love with his Harley. It's not his bike, it's his wike!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Right on Manu can't wait to come down there....and lamb damn I love lamb...so does my mother in law she is coming over to visit from Hawaii soon. That would blow her mind to go eat some lamb and see open carrying it will giveus a lot to talk about while she is here. Island folk aren't used to seeing guns.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

SVG we would be eagerly waiting for you to be here, now most of my staff is also trained about OC respect and discount. and I am sure your guests will be pleased too cuz we are known for our Lamb entrees, Looking forward to see you soon, Just try not to come on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights cuz I'll not be there on those nights.

Post imported post

I put that address in my GPS and will be visiting soon.

This is one restaurant that will NEVER get robbed.

I love lamb more than any meat, and I love Greek food. Might have to make this place the new stop for family holidays.

Thanks for your support Manu, be seeing you soon!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Ok my wike and I had dinner at Dino's last night. Actually my wike couldn't make it so it was my brother and me. Good place to eat and the discount was awesome. As soon as our weapons were spotted out came D with a hearty welcome. It is a very nice place for casual dining. The food is good and all of the personnel were very friendly.

Post imported post

This is awesome! I live right down the street. We'll be up there soon!

Cool one more place in the area, that is OC friendly. Local QFC doesn't seem to mind either, but don't quote me on that.

Although I know alot of the local NPPD officers I have not had the pleasure of meeting any of them while open carrying. Don't know what the responce will be. Positive I hope when it happens.

Post imported post

triehl27 wrote:
    Cool one more place in the area, that is OC friendly. Local QFC doesn't seem to mind either, but don't quote me on that.
    Don't know if it's a policy or if they just have a "we don't have a policy, so we don't care" policy... but every QFC I've been in has been totally cool with it. I've even given out two pamphlets at a local one here in Edmonds to employees that were curious.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Here at Normandy Park QFC I have talked to few employees as per them its normal for them to see people walking with guns because of police academy close by, many trainee come to this QFC so employees of QFC here never raise an eyebrow they just assume the person carrying is from Academy or other LEO. They really do not know whats the policy of QFC regarding guns.

Post imported post

I was at Dino's last night with my girlfriend and had wonderfull OC experience along with good wine and food thanks Loostershooter let us know about this wonderfull place where we can Carry and Enjoy discout too . No wonder this place was so busy even on thursday evening. I suggest we should conduct our meeting at this place..............Good service and good food not to mention 15% off your ticket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast