• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fantastic OC experience

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok my wike and I had dinner at Dino's last night. Actually my wike couldn't make it so it was my brother and me. Good place to eat and the discount was awesome. As soon as our weapons were spotted out came D with a hearty welcome. It is a very nice place for casual dining. The food is good and all of the personnel were very friendly.

triehl27

imported post

This is awesome! I live right down the street. We'll be up there soon!

Cool one more place in the area, that is OC friendly. Local QFC doesn't seem to mind either, but don't quote me on that.

Although I know alot of the local NPPD officers I have not had the pleasure of meeting any of them while open carrying. Don't know what the responce will be. Positive I hope when it happens.

just_a_car

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
Cool one more place in the area, that is OC friendly. Local QFC doesn't seem to mind either, but don't quote me on that.
Don't know if it's a policy or if they just have a "we don't have a policy, so we don't care" policy... but every QFC I've been in has been totally cool with it. I've even given out two pamphlets at a local one here in Edmonds to employees that were curious.

Manu

imported post

Here at Normandy Park QFC I have talked to few employees as per them its normal for them to see people walking with guns because of police academy close by, many trainee come to this QFC so employees of QFC here never raise an eyebrow they just assume the person carrying is from Academy or other LEO. They really do not know whats the policy of QFC regarding guns.

opencary?

imported post

I was at Dino's last night with my girlfriend and had wonderfull OC experience along with good wine and food thanks Loostershooter let us know about this wonderfull place where we can Carry and Enjoy discout too :D. No wonder this place was so busy even on thursday evening. I suggest we should conduct our meeting at this place..............Good service and good food not to mention 15% off your ticket

Leatherneck

imported post

Manu,
I know this is an old post, but I'm new. :cool:
I am a frequent customer of Des Moines Creek Restaurant. Are you also part owner of that place? I thought Dino's closed. Hope I'm wrong, because I'd like to support!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
Manu,
I am a frequent customer of Des Moines Creek Restaurant. Are you also part owner of that place? I thought Dino's closed. Hope I'm wrong, because I'd like to support!
I met and spoke with Manu the other night. Yes Dino's is closed at this point, manu told me. :(

FMCDH

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:
Manu,
I met and spoke with Manu the other night. Yes Dino's is closed at this point, manu told me. :(
Thats horrible! He had great food!

My wife and I would have gone more often if not for the 45-60 min drive to get there. :(

D@mn$d economy gets even the best of them. :X

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:
Manu,

My wife and I would have gone more often if not for the 45-60 min drive to get there. :(

I believe manu mentioned something about permits and what not. He hoped to reopen sometime.

FMCDH

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:
Manu,

I believe manu mentioned something about permits and what not. He hoped to reopen sometime.
Hes welcome to re-open near me! :D

There is actually an Indian restaurant that just moved out of downtown Bothell to Renton.

The restaurant building is still empty.

It may be still empty for a reason.....hmmm...:?

Would be nice to have a Greek restaurant in the area. It would be one of a kind as far as I know.

Leatherneck

imported post

He is involved with the DesMoines Creek Restaurant in one way or another. It's just a few minutes south of the Dino's location on Marine View Drive, across from QFC in case you wanted to see him. I'm in there once a week and have seen him many times, but knew nothing about his politics. I'll have to introduce myself next time I'm in.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
He is involved with the DesMoines Creek Restaurant in one way or another. It's just a few minutes south of the Dino's location on Marine View Drive, across from QFC in case you wanted to see him. I'm in there once a week and have seen him many times, but knew nothing about his politics. I'll have to introduce myself next time I'm in.
Manu (online name ) is a great guy he is pro 2A and pro Open carry and a hell of a guy. Do introduce yourself you won't regret it. Tell him his Paji Rob from Bellingham said hi.

Leatherneck

imported post

I talked to his wife on Sunday. She says they aren't reopening. There is someone else trying to open there using the same name, but they're going to take legal action to stop it.
Sorry, not reopening.:cry: