• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

fantastic OC experience

LooterShooter

imported post

My wife and I had a fantastic OC experience. After meeting the owner of the restaurant on this forum, we decided to go out for dinner Friday night. The place was packed with customers and after a taste of the great food and atmosphere it was no surprise. We kept pretty much to the Greek part of the menu and next time plan on visiting the Italian side. If there are any Lamb connoisseur's out there, this is your place! Meeting the owner was just another highlight. He struck me as an intelligent gentleman whose traditional values seem to coincide with my own. Dino's Greek and Italian Cuisine in Des Moines will be seeing a lot more of us. As an added bonus, 15% was deducted from our bill just for OC'ing. Thanks Dev!

I think agroup get together is in order.....

Manu

imported post

You are Welcome Lootershooter I am holding your real name incase you dont like it but I am fine :). Anyways it was great talking with you too; as I mentioned that day I am just doing this to promote OC as much as I can. SpyderTattoo and other OC's are always welcome I would be glad to know all of you in person :).

DEROS72

imported post

I will deffinately try this place.Can you put up the address so I can mapquest it.

LooterShooter

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I will deffinately try this place.Can you put up the address so I can mapquest it.
Dino's Greek & Italian Cuisine

17642 1st Ave S
Burien, WA 98148
(206) 246-1332

It's across the street from Dunn Lumber.

DEROS72

imported post

I know where that is.Thanks.What is their pricing as I am on a retirement budget.But will plan to have dinner there asap.Also I agree with a meet there that would be awsome.Better after the first though....

LooterShooter

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Since you've kind of outed yourself here, Manu, I take it you don't mind being put on the Pro-Gun Businesses List now, eh? ;)
We felt the pricing was very reasonable. Especially considering the quality of the food. Subtract from that the 15% and you're talking a real deal.

Manu

imported post

Kildars wrote:
Never heard of the "Carry a gun - get a discount!" motto. lol
Dont you think Kildars, vandals that everyone of us should be doing little this or little that to promote what we think and know is our right? :)So I am trying to do little part of mine to make it more popular for other citzens arround us, more they know about our OC right less problems we will run into due to so called "Panicked customer 911 calls...". Just a car I am all fine with that, as long as we are within ethics of this forum.

shad0wfax

imported post

Manu wrote:
irfner wrote:
I was thinking of taking the wike out for dinner on Friday. Now it will be a sure thing.

Mike
I am assuming you mean Wife ;), I hope she is not reading this post :D.
When I first read that I thought the man was in love with his Harley. It's not his bike, it's his wike! ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Right on Manu can't wait to come down there....and lamb damn I love lamb...so does my mother in law she is coming over to visit from Hawaii soon. That would blow her mind to go eat some lamb and see open carrying it will giveus a lot to talk about while she is here. Island folk aren't used to seeing guns.

Manu

imported post

SVG we would be eagerly waiting for you to be here, now most of my staff is also trained about OC respect and discount. and I am sure your guests will be pleased too cuz we are known for our Lamb entrees, Looking forward to see you soon, Just try not to come on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights cuz I'll not be there on those nights.

FMCDH

imported post

I put that address in my GPS and will be visiting soon.

This is one restaurant that will NEVER get robbed. :D

I love lamb more than any meat, and I love Greek food. Might have to make this place the new stop for family holidays.

Thanks for your support Manu, be seeing you soon!