• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: How to request police call logs.

Izzle

imported post

I recently received a noise ticket from the local police who said that someone had called in a noise complaint against me. I have seen on this forum that people will obtain the call records during a particular time and wanted to know how I go about doing that, do I just call the police station and ask for the call records leading up to the police making contact with me? This whole situation has got me pretty upset because the police officer stated he could hear music that was inside my house from 300 feet away (a whole football field)! which is a gross exaggeration and the ticket is $250!! for first offense.

Thanks

Manu

imported post

That is totally rediculouse, why dont they write tickets to those kids having blasting boom boxes in their car even you can feel your car viberating with their beats... I wish I could help you by ansering your questions. There are few posts regarding that If I'll see any I'll send it to your way..

Manu

imported post

That is totally rediculouse, why dont they write tickets to those kids having blasting boom boxes in their car even you can feel your car viberating with their beats... I wish I could help you by ansering your questions. There are few posts regarding that If I'll see any I'll send it to your way..

Izzle

imported post

Ellensburg...... They come down hard on noise violations and I really feel like $250 for a first offense is really excessive.

Izzle

imported post

Thank you for your help, I'm sure that it will not matter to the Judge seeing as though the officer says that he heard it from 300 feet but every little bit helps.

nathan

imported post

Izzle wrote:
Funny that State Law says that they can only charge for the actual costs of copying the information for you but KitCom wants $25 an hour just to gather the requested material........
I have requested calls and dispatch traffic from CRESA (the Clark County equivalent to KittCom) and it has run about $10 each time so it isn't that bad.

If they didn't charge anything a malicious person could request tons of stuff and tie up the 911 folk's time.

Good luck with your ticket.