• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel to attend Brad's hearing - wants to speak to OCDO members!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - nobody speaks for OpenCarry.org except for John Pierce and me (Mike Stollenwerk). But we encourage our members to talk to the press and represent the open carry movement well.

If anyone is going to attend the hearing tomorrow and wants to touch base with Linda, please do.

BTW, John and I feel the main issue here, and before the Judge, is gross abuse of the Disorderly Conduct charge to be a catch all offense to be used by the authorities on anyone at anytime. Yes gun rights are involved, but if the police can do this to Brad for planting a tree in his year, they can sweep anyone off the street for just wearing say an anti-abortion T-shirt or holding an anti-death penalty sign.

---

Original Email:

Dear Mr. Pierce and Mr. Stollenwerk,

I will be covering the West Allis hearing involving Brad Krause on Tuesday. I am interested in learning more about the plans by OpenCarry.org to attend the hearing and what you see as the significance of the decision in this case.

Could you please tell me if you will have a specific representative at Tuesday’s hearing with whom I might speak?

Thank you for bringing this case to our attention.

Best regards,

Linda Spice

Reporter

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

cleveland

imported post

Good to hear! I spoke with the folks at Fox and CBS and both said it will be likely that they will be there too.

imported post

Reprimand? What's wrong with you folks? Once Brad walks, the cops should be immediately taken into custody for THEIR crimes. Unless/until there's some serious consequences for their criminal behavior, nothing will change. Nothing.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I urge everyone to watch the video link Mike included with his post. It is very important to our cause. It is a correct ruling by a judge that without question believes in the rule of law. The judges ruling sends a strong message of gun rights v. police power.

Not to diminish the importance of the ruling but remember Wisconsin does have a specific state statute that prohibits carry of firearms inside a building owned or leased by a political unit of government.

FMCDH

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Not to diminish the importance of the ruling but remember Wisconsin does have a specific state statute that prohibits carry of firearms inside a building owned or leased by a political unit of government.

In other words, a law against taking a lawfully owned and carried firearm into a building owned by the taxpayers. Any building owned by the government is a building that belongs to the tax payers at large.

Completely insane how some states recognize this and some don't. If its a public building, it should NOT be off limits to a law abiding gun carrier unless the safety of anyone who enters it is guaranteed by the government who limits it, and provisions are made to securely and conveniently store firearms on premises. PERIOD.

Times like this, Im glad that I live in Washington which recognizes exactly this issue. :cuss: