• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Dinner/Meet

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

packingmama wrote:
tell them to come and your sisters. If they hear it from you they might be more apt to come.

I e-mailed them all! :D Now you have the task of convincing my family that these events are safe. Just don't let them talk to thoughtpolice. :?

PavePusher

imported post

I will probably show up (see my stupid earlier post). Still 1700? I might try to bring my brother. Uber-liberal, but somewhat pro-gun.Be warned...

OfficerMatt

imported post

Hey I'm new to the forum, and have a few questions about joining for the meet, first off I have not yet done a CCW class but would like to still open carry, as far as I have read and the information from officer friends (I'm going into the academy this year) open carry is legal without a permit. If I am wrong about this please let me know and hopefully I'll be able to come to the meet.

Matt - Proud owner of a new Springfield XDm .40

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO,OfficerMatt! :celebrate

You are correct that no permit is needed to open carry in Utah. Just follow a few basic rules and you will be OK.

* Without a permit, you will need to avoid school zones. That is 1000 feet in any direction of a school.

* Keep your sidearm unloaded. There are many places in Utah where it is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm without a permit. The magazine can be full, as lond as the chamber is empty.

* Keep it visible. Remember, concealment isthe crime, not open carry. Dont let your jacket cover your pretty newXDm!

* Be at least 18 years of age. I'm sure you are, but just wanted to make sure. ;)

* Don't act like a dumbass in public. :p

Again, welcome to the forum, and we hope you can make it to the meet tomorow! :monkey

OfficerMatt

imported post

Well, thanks for the info. I'm 26 and ex military so i should be okay lol. I figure since i almost lost my life for my rights in the army, i better use them. Also i do keep the chamber clear. But one final question, if anyone knows about it... i am thinking about getting a solid control rod for my weapon, should i go to Barlow's or FBMG?

Thanks all!

thx997303

imported post

Shortround? Son of a.... man i aint that short!:D

i dont know about Barlow's, but FBMG is a great shop.

What sort of peashooter you carry?

OfficerMatt

imported post

Peashooter?? I carry a new Springfield XDm .40 and im getting a solid guide rod and a vented slide from springerprecision.com its handles pretty nice so i dont know if peashooter applies lol.

thx997303

imported post

Son of a..... Hey guy, have i met you in person?

How do you know my height?:p

Hey! You're ex military, you should know all pistols are peashooters.

Just the weapon to get you back to your rifle.:)

Hey, i carry a 9mm, so it qualifies as a peashooter however you look at it i guess.

Oh! Good news! I'm gonna be at this one!:celebrate

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Wake up kids!! Today is the big day! :p

For all those reading here that would not be caught dead at one of these events, you are free to attend anonymouslyand spy on us. ;)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

OOOHH! I just thought of something.

If anybody has a wireless internet card (like Verizon or Sprint) I can be there on Skype or Yahoo Messenger!

b1ack5mith

imported post

i wish i could go :/ mom is in CA with dad (visiting) and i have my bro and nephew (bro is 16, nephew is 15) here and i have to watch after them :/

PLUS, you guys know how ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE it is to introduce CHILDREN to GUNS! they will get curious, and purposely shoot everyone at school! its better to keep them on videogames... videogames keep the kids from being exposed to killing things... a good example is grand theft auto... (stealing cars, shooting people, robbing places, drug deals) that is a good video game that will prevent kids from committing crimes or shooting people. and remember folks, never teach gun SAFETY to children, its a bad idea!

(sarcasm)

but really i wish i could go guys! GET SOME PICS!!!

rpyne

imported post

I hope you all are having a good time. My class didn't get out until after 6:00, so I'll shoot (no pun intended) for next time.

:banghead: