• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster

SQLtables

imported post

TaurusPT140PRO wrote:
I just wanted to know if anyone has an idea what the best holster would be for ocing.
Well, that completely depends on personal preference and what you're carrying. I HIGHLY recommend something with retention other than just friction. I use a Blackhawk Serpa from www.blackhawk.com. It's been proven to be effective in the real world.

SQLtables

imported post

Gosirr wrote:
ME TO. BUT YOU MAY WANT TO ADD A LINER TO THE HOLSTER, AS THEY TEND TO WEAR ON THE GUNS FINISH.
Yea, that's a good suggestion. My XD has holster wear on the top corners of the slide, but to me, it's a tool, so it's not a huge deal anymore.

Now my Sig.. I'm trying to keep that one nice :) Only lined leather holsters for that one.

viperar15

imported post

where you get a liner for the serpa holsters? links? i'd be curious into looking into them myself. not too concerned about the wear on my M&P, probably because i figure it'll get worn from the amount of shooting that it does anyway.

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
where you get a liner for the serpa holsters? links? i'd be curious into looking into them myself. not too concerned about the wear on my M&P, probably because i figure it'll get worn from the amount of shooting that it does anyway.
I'm not sure if anything is available commercially. I would just get a thin piece of felt and stick it in there somehow.

Gosirr

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
I GOT THIS MATERIAL I USE ON MY COMPOUND BOW TO KEEP IT QUIT IF THE ARROW SLIPS OFF. IT IS A FELT LIKE MATERIAL, THAT IS PEAL AND STICK. YOU CAN GET IT IN MOST SPORTING GOODS STORES THAT SELL BOW AND ARROW SUPPLIES.